PDA

View Full Version : Rattle Rattle Rattle

kahsperr
01-04-2003, 12:14 PM
MY SYSTEM JUST HAS 6 BY 9'S IN THE BACK AND SIX INCH MIDS IN THE FRONT AND MY TRUNK ALREADY RATTLES FROM THE 6 BY 9'S....I PLAN TO GET SUBS...BUT DO OUR YEAR ACCORDS SOUND GOOD WITH SYSTEMS OR IS THERE TOO MUCH RATTLE IN THE TRUNK?:stick: :pimp:

dXsquared
01-04-2003, 12:16 PM
get dyna mat and take the plastic out from the trunk if u want no more rattling

Travis

Mike89Accordcom
01-05-2003, 01:49 AM
Buy tons of dynamat and place it all over inside your trunk.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2003, 03:46 AM
What I did was dyno mat and I used expanding foam for the trunk lid. You know those little holes that are on the underside of the lid I filled all of those with the expanding foam and it doesn't rattle anymore. Another thing that can rattle is the brake light in the rear window. It can rattle against the glass. I put little foam strips (black foam stuff I found) in between the glass and plastic. And that took care of all the rattling for me.

hondaaccord_86
01-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Use weather foam strips. You can find them at Home Depot or hardware store. Ask for weatherfoam for sealing windows. They are originally used for window installation, so the weather is trapped in, and so the outside waether doesn't come inside the house. These strips work very well!!! I used a LOT for the trunk and PUFF!!! no more rattle (not as much as before). Trust me, its a lot cheaper than Dynomat. I'm using weather foam strips, until I can afford Dynomat.

-ed

AccordEpicenter
01-05-2003, 07:22 PM
expanding foam is the best bang for the buck, its just very messy to install

shepherd79
01-06-2003, 05:50 AM
i used dynamat everywhere in the trunk. i even stick that shit under the back dash, and it lowered my noise a lot. i mean a lot.

Auzreal189
01-16-2003, 09:46 PM
I have two twelves and infinitis and I crank it, I have a little rattle but I am more concerned @ how well our cars keep sound. You are probably still going to have to roll the windows down to share it with the neighborhood. Then they wont hear your rattle.

shepherd79
01-17-2003, 04:47 AM
our accords hold the sound preatty good. unless you are running 1000W system, than you will scare people.
i have dynomat in my trunk and when i have my stereo on full i can hear bass, but not as it used to be.
our weak point is doors. they suck ass. i had to roll two layers of dynomat just to keep sound inside.