PDA

View Full Version : car won't start. need help asap please!!!!!!!

Walls89
05-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Hey, I just bought a 89 accord lxi and I love it. I've been driving it with no issues. Then suddenly it started running like shit. At first it would sputter and shake when I came to a stop. The rpms would drop hella low and almost die. Then it got worse. It would die and stall out. And it started to bog down on take off. It felt like it was running out if gas but wasn't. Now it will not start at all. It cranks and cranks but dose not fire. I check the fuel pump. I hear it turning on when I turn the key. I check to see if I'm getting fuel to the filter. I am. There is also fuel going to the rail. I'm getting spark as well. Pull each wire and seen the spark jump to a ground. New plugs new wires and new ignition coil. Now I tried to test the injectors but was not getting any reading from them while using my voltmeter. I'm also check the relay on top of the egr valve and the plug that runs to the intake manifold. And nothing. The injector fuse is good. So is the main relay. I also checked the timing and it is good also. I'm so lost. Please someone help me. I need the car running asap.

Stewzzz
05-12-2015, 08:28 PM
when it would bog down and take off was it like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHLVfyonYXg

i feel like im in the earlier stages of what you are experiencing

Walls89
05-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Ya it was doing the same thing. But mine would also do it when I can to a stop. But now she won't start at all :crying::crying:

HLW
05-12-2015, 11:35 PM
Have you checked the fuel pressure? It should be about 38 psi.

Walls89
05-13-2015, 07:39 AM
This sounds dumb but how can I do that. I don't have the tool.

Walls89
05-13-2015, 12:13 PM
Anyone? Could it be my main relay even though I hear my fuel pump? And get fuel to the rain. Cause dosent the main relay control the injectors as well?

Walls89
05-13-2015, 12:18 PM

Walls89
05-13-2015, 12:19 PM

HLW
05-13-2015, 08:43 PM
The main relay is a possibility. It controls power to the fuel pump, ecu (may be only part of the power to the exu) and injectors. Both pictures show broken solder joints. You can reflow the solder joints. To fix them and see if it fixes your issue. You can also jumper from pin 1 to pin 3 and pin 5 to pin 7 and start the engine. If it starts and runs, the main relay is bad.

Demon1024
05-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Did it die and not start or park and not start? Make sure it's getting the gas. Clogged fuel filters? Check the injectors open/close. Fuel pump is making some noise when you turn key to on from off (nvm I see that now) Tw sensor for right mix or it won't start, I think there's a work around on this (look it up) open or closed for a usable mixture cold. I lost a wire for the resistors on one car that kept the car from running for 2 days. I think it ran threw the wheel well and got et up. I ran a new one to cpu. GL! just throwing some stuff out there