PDA

View Full Version : Ign accessory? wtf

toastyghost
01-04-2003, 03:35 PM
This is for the Camry but I figure you guys are nice enough to help a brother out anyway :D

I'm trying to hook up my cd changer and there are 3 power wires: a black one, a red one, and a fused yellow one. The black is ground, obviously. The red one is unfused positive and goes to "ign acces" or ignition accessory, meaning something that's only on when the key is turned. I have this spliced to the positive on the cigarette lighter (which I checked and it only gets hot w/ the key turned). The yellow one is a fused constant power which should go to something that has power all the time. Ideally this should go straight to the battery but I can't find a hole to put it through. So I have this plugged to another ignition accessory thing (ashtray light) and whether the key is turned or not, the changer doesn't cut on when I hit the power button on the controller. Any ideas what's wrong? Anyone had similar experience?

Oh yeah btw I have the ground on the same part of the dash subframe where the lighter and other things are grounded so I don't think the problem is a bad ground.

dXsquared
01-04-2003, 03:45 PM
run the wire to a constant power source... no sense in waiting around for it to work... run it right the first time and you wont have problems

Travis