PDA

View Full Version : new system

n300zx
05-20-2002, 10:27 PM
okay I just got all this and I need help hooking it up...

AMP - Rockford Fosgate Power 500aČ
-----------------------------------------------
2 channel
??? ohms???

SUB - Rockford Fosgate HE2 12 inch
----------------------------------------------
400 watts RMS
800 watts Peak
4 ohm dual voice coil

DECK - Alpine CDM 7871
-------------------------------

okay how would I hook this up... I'm thinking the amp is probably 4 ohm stable when bridged so if I wire the dvc sub in series the load will be 8 ohm which will be fine... think this would work?? I also have some fuses and stuff to hook up...

87AccordsterLx
05-20-2002, 11:34 PM
well if I were you I would definitly bridge that amp to a 4ohm mono... if you only have one sub then just hook up the left pos. to the subs pos. and the right neg. to the subs neg. that should push all 500+ watts to that one sub... I believe... someone please correct me here... (Bob???) also if you are doing the install yourself.... try to run the rca wires on seperate sides of the car from the power and remote wire... most of the times if you run the wires together you will hear static out of your subs from the current of the power wire... if you run the 8ohm setup you wont be using as much of your amp's power as you could be... it is the safer route but I have my fosgate powering my 10's in parallel 2ohm mono... those tens hit way harder then they would with a non-bridged setup or if in series and a 8ohm setup... your call though ultimately... let me know if you need wiring help...