PDA

View Full Version : 89 LXI saved from Salvage Yard auction $300

mint89
05-19-2015, 06:29 AM
Hello Folks. I found this Honda in a online Coparts Auction. Note said it starts & run and had only 126, 000 miles on it. It had no real damage and a clean title. so I fig someone junked it because they didn't want to do anymore repairs. I bided low at $300 and won the bid outright. it cost $ 400 to pick up and ship from Philadelphia Pa. to my doorstep in Norfolk Va. its runs great just minor things like nonworking driver window ( replaced control relay & now its working) leaking cover gasket, it just wasn't done the Honda way. EZ fix. no A/C , I found that the belt was removed. But all in all its clean, body in great shape and its running sweat. it was an other great find. I always want a red one and now I'll found it. After I thoroughly clean and fix the odds and ends it will be off to the body shop.

Fixedit
05-19-2015, 08:35 AM
Looks great! I also like those darker red ones, but probably for different reasons (I like how the faded paint/peeling clear coat looks). I know I'm weird. But nice find, and I'm proud that saved it from certain doom!