PDA

View Full Version : Rear Disc and All That

Fixedit
05-21-2015, 08:48 AM
I read the FAQ on swapping in read disc brakes, in fact I want to paste it here for reference; http://www.3geez.com/forum/frequently-asked-questions/133-can-i-get-rear-disc-brakes-my-accord.html

I have some questions though!

I have an 86 LXi, okay, so it has the smaller front disc brakes. Now, the FAQ says I need, along with everything for the rear, the front calipers, rotors and master cylinder from the SE-i. Then it says I need it because the 88-89 have larger front brakes, so technically I could take the front brakes from any 88-89 Accord correct?

Also, the link to the how-to thread in that FAQ does not work at this time.

Thank you!

carotman
05-21-2015, 09:47 AM
Only the 88-89 LX-i/SE-i have bigger front brakes.

You don't absolutely NEED to upgrade the front though.

Fixedit
05-21-2015, 10:26 AM
No? Okay, thanks for letting me know. And alright, just the Upper 88-89 models have the larger fronts. Thank you

2ndTimeHondaOwner
05-21-2015, 02:30 PM
No? Okay, thanks for letting me know. And alright, just the Upper 88-89 models have the larger fronts. Thank you
There's a 89 sei up by Seattle on Craigslist. Have had my eye on it for a while now, just don't have the $$$ to get it. Quite a bit further away for you then me but thought you'd like to know about it. 1989 Honda Accord SEi (http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/5025746634.html)

Fixedit
05-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Shit dude that is a really nice find! I wouldn't have it in me to pull it apart though man, something in me always try to keep something like that going. I only ever have the strength to part something out if it's already been wrecked/in the junkyard. What's funny is I have some family in Port Angeles (Yakima, too, haha) and if I wanted to spend the money I could totally ask them to get it. Hmmm

BTW I really appreciate you sharing that awesome find with me/the forum

2ndTimeHondaOwner
05-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Shit dude that is a really nice find! I wouldn't have it in me to pull it apart though man, something in me always try to keep something like that going. I only ever have the strength to part something out if it's already been wrecked/in the junkyard. What's funny is I have some family in Port Angeles (Yakima, too, haha) and if I wanted to spend the money I could totally ask them to get it. Hmmm

BTW I really appreciate you sharing that awesome find with me/the forum
Well I was kinda keeping it to myself but just put about $550 into my car and now have none for this one, thought why not lol

Dr_Snooz
05-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Also, the link to the how-to thread in that FAQ does not work at this time.

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.