PDA

View Full Version : car alarm and door locks

89AcCOrDmike
01-04-2003, 10:24 PM
I just got a first defense car alarm from my dad, (he gets junk for free he reviews consumer electronics, but sorry i can't hook u all up:( ) and i wanted to use it when i start all my installs and mods. the only problem is my favorite part about it is the keyless entry, lol, and i can't use it because i don't have power locks and doors, is there a way i can get power locks and doors by doing installs or is that way too much of a bitch to handle? btw i'm using the alarm either way but any input would help. Peace-

-mike:wtf:

Nate2310
01-04-2003, 11:15 PM
Yeah you can install and power door lock kit. Then the keyless entry would work if you installed that. You can get an alarm without ne of that stuff

Mike89Accordcom
01-05-2003, 01:48 AM
You need to buy an actuator for each door. That's what I did. Those hook up to your alarm, you then can unlock and lock your doors from your remote!

RobT5580
01-06-2003, 09:53 AM
You should be able to get the actuators cheap off ebay. The hardest part is finding a location where they wont interfere with the door panel and still move freely. If you PM me your email address i will send you pictures of how i did mine.

87accord
01-12-2003, 10:02 PM
I wanted to do mine but to lazy. It kinda sucks i hit the button on the alarm and then have to unlock the door:mad:
Dam dx

RobT5580
01-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Its a real easy mod if your alarm has the keyless enty option. All that you will need is:

Lock actuators
2 Relays (1 for lock, 1 for unlock)
Wire
Some way to secure the wiring where you run it.

This wasnt bad at all once you find the proper mounting location in the door.