PDA

View Full Version : 87 accord warms up fine then hesitates on acceleration

rewing1968
05-24-2015, 05:33 PM
Newbie here.. and I'm sure my answer is in here somewhere but I thought I would post and let a pro answer lol... 87 lx auto accord. ..had been sitting a few years. .. drained tank ,new fuel pump and all filters, new plugs and wires ...cleaned carb with top half off ..float bowl area ect .. ..car starts cold easy no problem ,no missing ect .. but after warm up (choke works perfectly, butterfly is straight up after warmed up) if I give it throttle to fast it wants to die but revs up fine past that point , if I ease into the gas it won't die and drives great .. it's just when you first step on pedal ... gonna try replacing accelerater pump diaphragm. .. but any knowledge is appreciated. . This is my first honda ...thanks

2ndTimeHondaOwner
05-24-2015, 08:28 PM
"accelerater pump" That's what I was thinking. Is it a stock carb? My Weber has a lean spot if I stomp the gas but accelerates without hesitation if eased into. Welcome to 3geez, don't be afraid to use the search (upper right) and a picture or two of your car would be nice.

Dr_Snooz
05-24-2015, 09:02 PM
x3 on accelerator pump

Hazwan
05-24-2015, 09:12 PM
The accelerator pump passages could be clogged from sitting too

rewing1968
05-24-2015, 10:28 PM
Yes it's a stock carb .. no pics yet it's just a lil 4 door ... an older lady had it just sitting in her driveway for who knows how long. .. 3 flat tires ... seems to have been well maintained. . Power windows and locks all work ..a/c even works .. 500 bucks and a can of starting fluid and she was on the trailer ...

rewing1968
06-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Finally got it fixed .. a 50 buck carb from the jy ..I had to swap my choke on to it but she's running like a singer sewing machine !!!

Dr_Snooz
06-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Good work!