PDA

View Full Version : Lambo Door Instructions ::::inside::::

3gen"C"ivic
01-04-2003, 11:54 PM
i don't know how many of you guys on here are into the lambourgini (excuse the spelling) doors but i found this instructions on how to do it. if you have the time i suggest you try it out. here's the link:

http://lambolounge.com/Building_Notes/Door-wings/Door-Wings.htm

hope you guys have fun. and if you guys know any 3rd gen civic sites (yes i have a civic, plese no hate e-mails) let me know!
thanks! :D

Neuspeed007
01-05-2003, 12:07 AM
no hate mails comin form here, i like the 2gee civic, i used to want one before i got into cars. Thx for the links bro, stay on the site, it might not be of much help to u, but im sure we got a few civic owners lyin around hehe
late-

87Hybrid
01-05-2003, 08:10 AM
Red Pepper Racing (http://www.redpepperracing.com/forum/ikonboard.cgi?s=3df00f0d1649ffff)
3rd Generation Civic Club (http://pub136.ezboard.com/bpoweredbyrice)

I viit both of these sites and have a gallery at the RPR site
My Gallery (http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/87hybrid)

Paul Aerodeck86
01-05-2003, 10:59 AM
Lambo Doors - my dream... :cool: :cool: :cool:

od2681
01-05-2003, 11:34 AM
arent they also called suicide doors

8ate8
01-05-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by od2681
arent they also called suicide doors

no, suicide doors are reverse hinged. lambo doors slide up into the air.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2003, 12:11 PM
I would like to put lambo doors on my car. Or ones like on the Dolorian. I always wondered on the dolorian if the door opened up like that wouldn't hit the car next to you if your parked in a parking lot? If you dont know what i'm talking about, the dolorian is the back to the future car. Hinges on are the roof.

A20A1
01-05-2003, 01:20 PM
I think the Delorean is considered gull wing... The only thing that worries me about doing the delorean style doors is that you have to cut the upper frame... who knows what the car frame will do then. And the support for the new door hinges has to be pretty bulky.
even though doing the work myself will probrably result in my car looking even more ghetto, I'm still seriously considering doing it.

88 Accord DX
01-05-2003, 01:24 PM
the DeLorean is the most pimp car in the world. i would love to have doors like that. i saw one site selling a kit to make your door like the lambo but it was $1500. way over priced for a couple of henges.

8ate8
01-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I always wondered on the dolorian if the door opened up like that wouldn't hit the car next to you if your parked in a parking lot?

i came across a website that was the history of the delorean.. said that the door only goes "out" 12 inches or so when opening, so it's actually less than a regular door.

Y3G
01-08-2003, 03:58 PM
i want lambo doors!!
all 4 doors lambo style!!!!

DigitaLuminescence
01-08-2003, 04:17 PM
Man, that would be really cool to see a 3gen coupe or HB with lambo doors... better yet a sedan with lambo fronts and suicide backs. Ooooo. I want!

Y3G
01-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Oh Man i'm geting the erge to brake out the welder. I work at a automotive store and the supplys to do this are mostly in stock!!!!
i dunno!!!! this is mighty tempting

88WhiteLX-i
01-09-2003, 08:27 PM
The Dolorean was an awesome car. Stainless Steel body, Gull-wing doors, rear mounted engine. That shit was awesome. I'd put gullwing doors on my car, but it'd have to lok really stealth or it'd look really fucking stupid. I mean Paint the car Black, put a nice low drop on it, tint the windows with like 5% limo tint, and black out everything else. Then maybe it 'd look nice.

3G Jester
01-10-2003, 01:09 AM
n ont to mention the guy hand built all the delorians and was (literaly) out of his mind. he flipped his lid like a n00b with a carb and went bankrupt ...aaaaaaannndd...i think he got locked up or smthing along those..tragic..lines.

89bumblethumper
01-10-2003, 09:48 AM
A few months ago i though about moding my rear hatch so that it you open it level to the hood, then run two tracks down the roof that the hatch would slide along....so when fully open the hatch would be on top of the hood. I would have modded it from the sliding doors that mini vans have...but it would have been too $$$ to do it...but i think that it would have been cool. If it had come out...i would have tried to do it to my side doors and hyrdolicly operated then with linear accuators.

accordlx
01-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Delorians were not awesome. They were slow as shit and only had a 6 cylinder. They only had like 130 horsepower. I spanked one not too long ago in my Chevy Malibu work car without even trying too hard. They are extremely heavy being made out of stainless steel. You cant roll down the windows either. (They have little slide windows if I remember correctly.)

whiteboy
01-12-2003, 12:33 PM
yea but the delorean is a classis regard less, i just saw a guy drinin round with his doors up not too long ago........not all cars gotta be fast and hey,, it never rusts !

jordan