PDA

View Full Version : 1987 accord lx

Tapatos
05-26-2015, 07:53 PM
So I have had my accord for a little over a year now and although it runs really well with small replacements here and there I have grown tired of the dead slow engine, and the plethora of hard to find parts. Currently I need to replace my shocks/struts, would anyone know if they make a full kit with the springs already installed? I really don't want to compress springs. Also I have had the issue of my car shaking violently in the steering wheel (not the brake pedal) when im braking only between 45-30 mph or anywhere above 65 mph. I have replaced my pads, rotors (3 times now with drilled and slotted ones), drums, shoes, and all drum hardware. However after doing a rear brake adjustment it doesnt vibrate for a couple days then all of a sudden it comes back again. I just find it strange i don't feel it in the pedal since its only when braking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pos88lx
05-31-2015, 11:25 AM
So I have had my accord for a little over a year now and although it runs really well with small replacements here and there I have grown tired of the dead slow engine, and the plethora of hard to find parts. Currently I need to replace my shocks/struts, would anyone know if they make a full kit with the springs already installed? I really don't want to compress springs. Also I have had the issue of my car shaking violently in the steering wheel (not the brake pedal) when im braking only between 45-30 mph or anywhere above 65 mph. I have replaced my pads, rotors (3 times now with drilled and slotted ones), drums, shoes, and all drum hardware. However after doing a rear brake adjustment it doesnt vibrate for a couple days then all of a sudden it comes back again. I just find it strange i don't feel it in the pedal since its only when braking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i have an 88 lxi with a similar braking prob, above 50 when braking it does what you are describing.Im currently in the middle of replacing the drum brake stuff but from what you are saying it probably wont help :( so im just going to throw out a possible cause, i read that some brake lines can fail internally causing a prob

Solving Brake Problems - EricTheCarGuy- Stay Dirty! (http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-brake-problems?start=8#BrakeHoseProblems)

might be way off track but i would love to solve the issue so let me know if you find out what it is
GOOD LUCK!

rigel
06-01-2015, 02:59 PM
that sounds like a steering problem, not so much a braking problem. have you checked your tie rods and stabilizer bar bushings and such?

Dr_Snooz
06-01-2015, 07:58 PM
-Warped- Brake Disc and Other Myths (http://stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/-warped-brake-disc-and-other-myths)

rigel
06-03-2015, 06:43 PM
wow, this is great information, even for bicycles (since many now have disc brakes)

bramastaah
06-03-2015, 07:07 PM
maybe it's your stabilizer, or your tierods, or any other things in your suspension and steering system. i got the same problem from the first time i bought my car and i replaced all of it and it works just fine

yevangelis
06-10-2015, 06:21 PM
wow, this is great information, even for bicycles (since many now have disc brakes)

bahaha.

I'm pretty sure the shaking wheel is warped rotors, what brand are you using and how are you breaking them in?