PDA

View Full Version : Slammed into and up over a curb

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2003, 06:19 AM
Well I was coming home from work just a little bit ago and the roads were hella icy. Well I was going like 15mph and then this turn came up and I tapped the brakes and I started sliding faster and then I shifted up to try and get the wheels turning and smack. Up and over the curb. I have my stock steelies on. Broke a piece of the hub cap. I don't see and bends or anything. My house was like 4 houses down from where the scary insident took place. I think I hit it going like 5 mph. I didn't notice anything weird with the steering afterwards. Or do I have to be going fast to tell?

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2003, 06:25 AM
I didn't see anyother damage. Do you guys think I f**ked my alignment? A similar insident happend 2 years ago and nothing was wrong. But, I think I was going a bit faster today though.I heard a smack and the some scrapage. I was thinking the scrapage was probably the rocker panel. I saw my cars life flash before my eyes today. There was a huge tree about 4 feet from where I ended up. If I was going faster I would of had some serious body damage.

89accordboi
01-05-2003, 01:30 PM
just be glad you didnt drink beer :beer: and then race someone :321:

anyways i hope ur car is fine, cuz thats one :out: accident

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2003, 01:41 PM
I know it was a stupid accident. I don't think anything is wrong other than a cracked hub cap thank gad. I hate black ice!!!!

johndej
01-05-2003, 03:23 PM
i don't think you messed up anything othe rthan the hub cap. my mom took our van through a ditch and all that happened was she dented up the bottem side of the front bumper

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Yeah it's fine I drove it on the highway. Although I did hear a kind of a thud when I took off at a stop light. Maybe my spring was caught up on a vacuum line.