PDA

View Full Version : hey!

t9derk
05-29-2015, 05:05 PM
I have an issue with my alternator or something.I changed my battery and main baterry fuse. My car runs 100% when running but something is draining my battery when my car is off.. I have to disconnect my positive on the battery every time I stop the car and reconnect before starting. I should add that the day I picked up the car the owner boosted the battery to get her going but connected positive to neg and Ned to positive. (I was not there to see this I would of said something obviously) but I got the car for 200$ now instead of 1000$ BTW its a 1986 accord hatch s (DX) thanks for the help I'm still trying to learn this forum stuff but lots of good info on here!

Oldblueaccord
06-03-2015, 03:14 PM
I have an issue with my alternator or something.I changed my battery and main baterry fuse. My car runs 100% when running but something is draining my battery when my car is off.. I have to disconnect my positive on the battery every time I stop the car and reconnect before starting. I should add that the day I picked up the car the owner boosted the battery to get her going but connected positive to neg and Ned to positive. (I was not there to see this I would of said something obviously) but I got the car for 200$ now instead of 1000$ BTW its a 1986 accord hatch s (DX) thanks for the help I'm still trying to learn this forum stuff but lots of good info on here!

I would try and get your alt tested to make sure its good. Any autoparts place can do it.

Also try checking the otherfuses and see if there blown as well.

2 big amp draws are the seatbelt retract motorsand the headligh retract motors.

t9derk
06-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the help. you found what was drawing the power And it deadlight retract motor on the driver side!

Demon1024
06-14-2015, 06:03 PM
That sounds like a good band name