PDA

View Full Version : Driver's Side Door Handle Replacement

skawt
06-02-2015, 05:51 PM
For about a year my door handle was halfway broken off from the car, and a couple months ago it finally broke off completely when someone slammed the door a little too hard. Not the whole handle assembly, just the part you grab with your hand. So I did some searching and found the same color, same year door handle, and got to work with my designated car guru. We placed my lock into the new handle and replaced the old handle with the new intact handle and tested it out. The video below is of us showing how little the lock tab moves when we use the electronic lock (low pitch is lock, higher pitch is unlock). The lock always stuck a little; for example, to unlock it, sometimes I would have to turn the key to the lock position and then to the unlock position to get it to move the whole way. However, as the car sits now, it doesn't lock at all no matter how much you turn it or flip the electronic lock. Additionally, when we close the door, it becomes almost impossible to reopen it because it seems to be in a permanently locked state. I've also got a picture below of what the mechanism looks like with the side panel taken off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxjgmw-3efk

Another thing: One of my lights seems to have lost power to flip it up and down. Got any ideas how to troubleshoot that?