PDA

View Full Version : got a major problem here

bramastaah
06-03-2015, 07:01 PM
hello 3geez, i have a 1986 accord with a16a engine. and mine runs like snail but eats like elephant. i've changed all the spark plugs, cleaned the carb and adjusting it. i've done swapping from AT to MT and i'm curious is it because i've done it wrong or what?

1. the first major problem here is i can't go any further in 5th gear/3500rpm/140kmh. and it accelerates from 0-60kmh in approximately 12 seconds and 60-140kmh in 5 minutes :D

2. the second is my car's FC is 3km/liters and i'm broke because of that :')

3. the third is everytime i opened the window i smell fuel in the cabin and it's annoying as hell :(

and now my AC compressor is broken so i have to deal with the heat of the sun (32 degrees celsius in normal condition, yeah i'm indonesian) a friend of mine told me to check the carb vacuum line and the pilot/main jets. anybody can help me here? thanks before :)

yevangelis
06-10-2015, 06:09 PM
in the top right corner search up " gas leaking" or "gas leak" or "gas smell" or "fuel mileage". i just did that and ran across a lot of threads discussing that same issue.

Dr_Snooz
06-14-2015, 07:53 PM
Have you found where the gas is leaking yet? That would be a good place to start.