PDA

View Full Version : biggest conversion i think!

moneyandtime
01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
ok the last two weeks ive been thinking about this conversion and i wanna know if it can be done or not. i wanna convert all my air conditing controls all to switches (vent,def,all of that)then take the controls for the speed and the temp. and conver. then get a custom dash and make one of the picies a switch box. can it be done?

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2003, 05:50 PM
I'm sure it can be done. Just a lot of custom work that's all.

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
01-05-2003, 06:47 PM
yea it probably can be done as long as you got money and time...... oh thats your name ;)

johndej
01-05-2003, 07:05 PM
go for it :D i actually don't think it would be that hard, from what it shounds the biggest thing your going to have to worry about is if all the stuff lines up right.

YK86
01-05-2003, 10:17 PM
I wanted to do that as well but in Canada, they are a bit more rare than for you guys so all the junkyards were quoting me prices WAY too high. Carotman did it though so you might want to ask him.

3G Jester
01-06-2003, 04:48 AM
Im currently in the process of ripping out my entire dash right now for the very same thing. I have the whole winter to do it!

After i figure out what the unknown thing is thats keeping it ATTACHED to my car...lol....im going to cut all the vinal and padding off of it...revealing the plastic under neith.

From there its Dremel time baby, cutting it down, and adding peices of plastic with bondo fiber glass and some sort of epoxy...i will see which works best or what combination. The plastic will probably by some plexiglass from Home depot form fited via oven or heat gun....somethign like that.

one thing you should always be aware of--DO NOT CUT OFF OR DESTORY ANY MOUNTING BRACKETS!!! or else you wont get it back on to your car......

I wish you luck with yours and I will try to keep you all updated with stories and pictures....i hope you do the same.

i think....we are the first to go through with such an endevour. Some people remove the little 'shelf' on the dash...or go 'flush'....but to my knowlege noone has made custom gauge pods or custom heat/AC switches...dash face...ect.

3geez custimization moves to a new level :D
GOOD LUCK! :super: :pimp: :wave:

3G Jester
01-06-2003, 04:51 AM
PS.....Markdmzhatch is getting my stock black dash...im getting his marron one. that way it wont matter if i destroy it because someone is getting what they want for free. heh. help eachother out! he wants it to create his yin yang hatch. looks good though.

OH! i left the final step out...RECOVER !!!! heh....your color, your fabrick, your choice.

3G Jester
01-06-2003, 04:53 AM
PPS--also a good time to do any custom stereo work or video equipment instilation.

tweeters in-dash? or a LCD in the dash ? above the heat/AC controls? .... the possibilities are endless

Coroncho80
01-06-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Scotts88WhiteLX-i
yea it probably can be done as long as you got money and time...... oh thats your name ;)

:lol you stupid! :lol

Get it, get it ..................

Money and time = (user name) Moneyandtime!

:lol

**** I'm just acting stupid *****

3G Jester
01-06-2003, 04:52 PM
thats enough outa all uh ya!

carotman
01-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Well it's only a matter of wires and stuff like that. What I would recommend tough is to get a complete interior wire harness from a US LX model (if you have a DX model)

This way you will be able to keep your car the way it is but add all the power goodies that the LX has over the DX (power mirrors,power windows and electric vent control)

It could be done without all the wire harness but it would like a snake infestation behind your dash.

There is no need to change the heater core but you need to add little motors to the existing plactic housing in order to make it work.

3G Jester
01-06-2003, 09:23 PM
ya lost me carotman. Are you refering to upgrading sysstems behind the dash? i ment cosmetically.. changing the feautres. unless your talking aboot using LX heat controls instead of DX......

i wanted to see about making all new butons to press...totaly custom. heh heh.

i also was thinking about changing the guage pod..did you do that?

in the mean time ill check your site lol

DigitaLuminescence
01-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Wow, sounds like an endeavor... I say go for it!

I was thinking about something like this a long time ago when I first got my car. Having little brushed aluminium blue-lit switches to control everything in the car. It would look so nice as the finished product. But I don't want to do that now... too much work involved, and I want to do so much other stuff....

Really custom work is cool, difficult but cool, because you know that no one else is going to have the exact same thing as you. It gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling. (I think that's called pride.)

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
01-06-2003, 10:11 PM
:lol thanks maurice :lol

carotman
01-07-2003, 04:05 AM
if you already have button controls it's not that complicated, if not you need to convert from DX to LX

3G Jester
01-07-2003, 11:47 AM
i always thought the warm fuzzy feeling was the Gold Shlagger settling in my stomach :)

DigitaLuminescence
01-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
i always thought the warm fuzzy feeling was the Gold Shlagger settling in my stomach :)
:D

Oh yeah, that was the warm and fuzzy feeling...

3G Jester
01-07-2003, 08:53 PM
hahahahahaha :lol :lol