PDA

View Full Version : sub brands

89AcCOrDmike
01-05-2003, 09:03 PM
i just bought two 12 inchers off of a friend for $200, and there both 1000 watts with the same ohm and same everything, boxed the same and all...but they are two different brands ones viper and ones performance tek, i was wondering if it was okay to put both in and if it will still sound okay, or should i get them and put the performance tek one in, turn around and sell the viper for $125, then spend $130 to get two performance tek 10's so i'll have the two 10's and a 12 of performance tek...any comments are appreciated:wtf:

88 Accord DX
01-05-2003, 09:18 PM
what about an amp???

accordracerlx-i
01-06-2003, 02:18 PM
i say sell both of them and get 2 12 inch jl audio subs i think they have a good quality sound and they will bump real good with a decent amp.

dXsquared
01-06-2003, 02:20 PM
why do u think they have to be the same brand... it doesnt matter that much..... just be shur that there is a divider in the middle...

and i would sell the junk and get some real subs...

Travis

Project-LXi
01-08-2003, 12:50 PM
JL are the best subs Ive ever heard. I have Rockford HE2 Punch, and they are the suck compared to JLs. Polk Audio Momo 12"s are also pretty good.

RobT5580
01-08-2003, 05:10 PM
I had some JL 12W0's and was very happy with them until they were stolen. I had them for ulmost 5yrs and no problem except a wire broke to the coil but simple fix. I now have 2 Infinity Perfects and they are nice but they move a lot more than my JLs did. I was gonna get W6's but my supplier couldnt get them. I would see which is better and try just one cause i was happy with only one Infinity in but i bought the pair and like the pair. I was thinking of getting a JL W7 but i didnt know how one would sound but i kinda wish i did do that for space reasons.

crwa
01-08-2003, 09:51 PM
If you can, try to get a pair of Kicker Comp VR subs, I have a pair of tens, and they have a great sound. Plus kicker are some of the best subs on the market. Plus not everyone and their grandma has a set in their trunk either like RF's and Jl's. You probable don't care about that, but if you want a nice quality high performing sub, then try them, but they might be hard to find, since you can't just walk into cartoys and get a set.

87AccordsterLx
01-08-2003, 11:48 PM
My pioneers hit like crazy and have an amasing sound... make sure they have voice coil cooling .. mine are 600w max...

http://www.ghalili.com/Nathan/Nate's%20Page/3gs/3gbeats.jpg

AccordEpicenter
01-09-2003, 12:43 AM
Id say for bang for the buck, there is absolutely no sub for the money that can beat the 02 or newer Kicker Comp Vr subs, not just the comps, the VRs... They murder pioneer in sheer power handling and excursion. BTW the Viper sub you have might be made by DEI, and if it is, keep the viper, get another viper and get rid of the performance tek. I agree with you guys about JL audio, best SQ sub ive ever heard.