PDA

View Full Version : Aloha 3geez

daltonovich_
06-15-2015, 06:55 AM
What's up guys, figured I'd do the obligatory and share my newest vehicle to get my feet wet here... It was a matter of chance that I came across the car but it was a pretty good deal so I jumped on it... '86 Accord LXi hatchback, 5 spd 151k decently clean and solid all around. Thankfully the previous owner never drove it on our salt covered NY roads for it's entire life so the rust is minimal. Apparently he never even registered it, was a family gift sort of deal and he only started it up every 3-4 months to drive it around the block.

Never owned a Honda before but it's pretty exciting given how awesome these older cars are... definitely looking forward to having a lot of fun with this and maybe some basic performance modification (it was $300), but for now the main goal is just to get it on the road and back in the groove. Are there any specific areas that have known issues with these... my last cheap experiment car was a subie and with that it was the head gasket around 100k, ya know is there an equivalent with Honda's that should be checked out around certain mileages etc etc

Cheers!

yevangelis
06-16-2015, 04:05 AM
Hi! Welcome to Honda, just change all the fluids, do a tune up and you're good to go.

Oh and check the rolling resistance of the front wheels, the calipers can stick.

87roach
06-16-2015, 06:50 AM
Welcome to the forum, and great find!!