PDA

View Full Version : help with imagestation

Tim Yoak
01-06-2003, 02:27 AM
OK OK I know there are a lot of people here who use image station to download pictures, for those of us who don't know the magic words, HOW IN THE WORLD do you get the picture to show up?

A20A1
01-06-2003, 08:37 AM
What does the program do when you say it downloads pictures? why not right click and save as... or use alt+ print screen. or is it an editing tool?

markmdz89hatch
01-06-2003, 09:04 AM
once you've added a picture to your album, just click on it to view it full sized, then right click on the pic, go to properties, under Image URL, copy the whole address beginning with http:... then paste it into ur reply and put [ img]image url here[ /img] (just remove the spaces within the brackets and you're set.

Can I make one suggestion though, for a simple donation to 3Geez to become a "foundation member" you'll be able to attach pics directly from your local machine without having a 3rd party host the pics. This makes your life easier, and keeps the bandwidth useage down for the overall site by not having linked pics. ...I must admit, however, that I do host pics from imagestation from time to time, but do try to utilize my abilities as a foundation member as much as possible when posting pics.

Tim Yoak
01-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
once you've added a picture to your album, just click on it to view it full sized, then right click on the pic, go to properties, under Image URL, copy the whole address beginning with http:... then paste it into ur reply and put [ img]image url here[ /img] (just remove the spaces within the brackets and you're set.

Can I make one suggestion though, for a simple donation to 3Geez to become a "foundation member" you'll be able to attach pics directly from your local machine without having a 3rd party host the pics. This makes your life easier, and keeps the bandwidth useage down for the overall site by not having linked pics. ...I must admit, however, that I do host pics from imagestation from time to time, but do try to utilize my abilities as a foundation member as much as possible when posting pics. I have asked you guys over and over how do i do just that and no one has ever replied. Of course I'll help out.

markmdz89hatch
01-06-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Tim Yoak
I have asked you guys over and over how do i do just that and no one has ever replied. Of course I'll help out.

Um.. sorry about that. I'm not trying to force anyone here to donate, I just mentioned that as an option. Sorry if I came across as a dick. Anyway, if you do want to donate, I'm not sure about the paypal addy, but ur best bet would be to PM MARC49 (3Geez administrator) asking him of donation details.

If you need anything else, please feel free to ask me.

Tim Yoak
01-06-2003, 06:32 PM
I don't mind I just couldn't get anyone to tell me how to do that. I'm glad to help y'll out.

Tim Yoak
01-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
Um.. sorry about that. I'm not trying to force anyone here to donate, I just mentioned that as an option. Sorry if I came across as a dick. Anyway, if you do want to donate, I'm not sure about the paypal addy, but ur best bet would be to PM MARC49 (3Geez administrator) asking him of donation details.

If you need anything else, please feel free to ask me. yea, have him e mail me to tell me about donating