PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Painted Screw On Carb?

tightwhitelx
01-06-2003, 03:01 PM
OK I DONT KNOW IF ANYBODY REMEBERS ME TYPING A WHILE AGO ABOUT ME HAVING WINTER CARB PROBLEMS BUT I CHANGED THE FUEL FILTER, SPARK PLUGS, WIRES, AIR FILTER, PCV VALVE AND THE CURVED HOSE THAT GOES ON IT BUT WHEN I TOOK MY BREATER OFF I SAW A YELLOW PAINTED SCREW THAT SEEMED TO ME AS IF IT ALLOWED MORE FUEL TO GO INTO THE CARB I UNSCREWED IT 2 FULL TURNS COUNTRCLOCKWISE WAS I WRONG FOR DOING THIS WHAT DOES THIS SCREW REALLY DO. I NEED SOME HELP. MY CAR DRIVES FINE NOW NO MORE STUTTERING WHEN I DRIVE TELL ME IF I MESSED UP OR NOT.

A20A1
01-06-2003, 03:12 PM
whoah... the carb gods were on your side this time.
Be thankful you didn't end up with a major gas leak. I mean 2 full turns without breaking the o-rings....

Anyways you've just increased your float level... I'm not sure by how much though... there is a limit to the screw however screwing it out too far can cause flooding and maybe some deiseling if the float hits the top hat before the needle can seal the valve... but I may be thinking too much...

Anyways, have a look at the glass window on the right side of the carb after the car has warmed up... make sure the car is parked on a level surface. the gas should be sitting between the upper and lower lines on the metal bit surrounding the glass.

shepherd79
01-06-2003, 05:29 PM
WOW, you are sooo lucky dude. i always mess up o-ring on the float level screw. man you are one lucky man.

ACCORD EX
01-07-2003, 01:52 AM
a little glass window ????

MIKE

shepherd79
01-07-2003, 04:59 AM
yeah mike it is on the same side where there fuel line comes in.
you should be able to see it

Mike's89AccordLX
01-07-2003, 07:08 AM
I didn't know there was a glass window. Is there one on the Weber 32/36?

ACCORD EX
01-07-2003, 07:35 AM
thanx Alex ! everyday i keep on lerning more and more :)

shepherd79
01-07-2003, 01:49 PM
about the weber you will have to ask mike. he is on the way from germany right now, may be he is home by now.
But if i remember correctly there are no glass window on weber. you will have to take the top off and adjust the float manualy. which makes more sence in having less parts to mess with.

2old_honda
01-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I didn't know there was a glass window. Is there one on the Weber 32/36?

no

tightwhitelx
01-07-2003, 07:01 PM
so does this mean i should screw it back to its orginal postion?

Mantis88LX
01-07-2003, 09:11 PM
well if it runs good and everything than leave it how it is.

tightwhitelx
01-08-2003, 07:03 PM
but now i am having to hold my foot on the gas while turning the key is anyone else starting their car this way. keep in mind i changed the rear fuel filter as well with the plugs wires, pcv valve air filter, and the curved hose that the pcv valve goes into i really need to know whats going on i never had to hold my foot on the gas while turning the key before. before n e one asks i do pump the gas 2 times before attempting to start. so can someone help me why is my car starting this way? also there is a new honda brand starter on there too.

shepherd79
01-09-2003, 05:08 AM
ok, after you turned the yellow screw did you check the fuel level in the bowl?
what is it?

tightwhitelx
01-09-2003, 07:44 PM
bowl? i dont know where that is i need to know do i need to screw it back cause i dont like starting the car like that i am used to pumping the gas a few times and turning the key hey shep. do start yours this way?

shepherd79
01-10-2003, 04:52 AM
take off the carb cleaner, the glass window will be on the right side of the carburator. if it is full of gas than you will have to screw it back in. just don't do it too much or you may go back to your original setting.
no my car doesn't start like that anymore. i don't have all that electronic crap anymore.

89 Accords Rock
01-13-2003, 08:01 AM
actually what he had turned was his automatic choke screw. makes the car rev lower or higher. which two full turns would make the car rev higher but also run better