PDA

View Full Version : clear front turn signal help

88 Accord DX
01-06-2003, 08:24 PM
okay i've read the how to but i still cant get the damn things apart. i cant even see the glue all i see is 2 plastic pieces. is there a way i can break the seal a little easier??? like maybe alcohol or finger nail polish or maybe even hot water???

maka_RTH
01-06-2003, 09:19 PM
i know exactly how you feel when i first took mine off i couldn't tell were the glue was it took me forever to figure out what was the glue. then it took me forever and a half to get the dang things off. i'm sure it woulda been hella easier with a blow dryer. i like how they look when they're done though, i just need hyperwhites for them, and i wish they were as clear as mikes http://www.89accord.com/accor92c.jpg mine are all foggy like

DigitaLuminescence
01-06-2003, 09:21 PM
I'm having this problem also, i was just trying to take them apart and ended up breaking a little peice of plastic off... and if I hold them up to the light and look closely you can see the greyish plastic part (base) and the clear part with another material in between. Is this the original glue used?

I'm :mad:, and have come to a point where I'll pay someone to do it for me... yo, Mike, wanna make $25+?

Same is true with clearing out the reflector for the side markers (and chroming the inside), smoking out the other parts of the side marker besides the reflector, and smoking out the tail lights, if anyone wants to do it for me...

Bumper Lights, Side Markers, and Tail Lights = $150ish
Clear out the tail light turn signals (yellow part) = another $70ish
(Prices are negociable)

Thanks

DigitaLuminescence
01-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by maka_RTH
i know exactly how you feel when i first took mine off i couldn't tell were the glue was it took me forever to figure out what was the glue. then it took me forever and a half to get the dang things off.
What were your EXACT steps in removing the pieces? Just sawing away with an Xacto Knife at the material between the clear and grey plastics?... i don't think that particular part was explained very well in the How-To.

BTW, 88 Accord DX, I thought you could only do any clearing modifications with LX, LXi, and SEi variations of the Accord... I'm not completely sure, but I don't think you can do anything with the DX front bumper turn signals. Does everyone know something that I don't? Educate me, please...

Blue Impact
01-06-2003, 09:37 PM
A blow dryer and the thinnest flat-head screw driver you could find will do the job. When I did mines, I didn't use any of them. Instead, I used a kitchen knife, but they still turned out good.

maka_RTH
01-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by DigitaLuminescence
What were your EXACT steps in removing the pieces? Just sawing away with an Xacto Knife at the material between the clear and grey plastics?... i don't think that particular part was explained very well in the How-To.
yah, basically. i read in a how-to somewhere to get a blowdryer or whatever to help soften the glue up. i wish i woulda done this, cuz that glue was pretty hard.

maka_RTH
01-06-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm having this problem also, i was just trying to take them apart and ended up breaking a little peice of plastic off... and if I hold them up to the light and look closely you can see the greyish plastic part (base) and the clear part with another material in between. Is this the original glue used?
yah, that stuff inbetween would be the glue, it seems like plastic though...

socal3rdgen
01-06-2003, 11:15 PM

BTW, 88 Accord DX, I thought you could only do any clearing modifications with LX, LXi, and SEi variations of the Accord... I'm not completely sure, but I don't think you can do anything with the DX front bumper turn signals. Does everyone know something that I don't? Educate me, please...

ill do your sidemarker lights. we can discuss price in a pm. here is a pic of what i did to mine.

http://www.3geez.kicks-ass.net/3g/sideblink.jpg
http://www.3geez.kicks-ass.net/3g/sideblink1.jpg
http://www.3geez.kicks-ass.net/3g/sideblink2.jpg

maka_RTH
01-06-2003, 11:45 PM
i might do my side markers eventually, but i'm gonna do my tails as soon as i can get myself another set to throw on my car while i make my currents ones clear(they're cracked in a couple spots). the otehr set that i get i'm gonna paint candy apple red

88 Accord DX
01-07-2003, 05:48 AM

all 88-89's can have clear blinkers

Mike's89AccordLX
01-07-2003, 06:38 AM
All I used is my heat gun and dremel tool.

DigitaLuminescence
01-07-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by 88 Accord DX
all 88-89's can have clear blinkers
Sorry, just being stupid...

Mike's89AccordLX
01-07-2003, 07:44 AM
Yes they do have clear blinkers but usually they're cracked, scratched, or scuffed up. And when you take the amber lense out of them they're clear. I used plexi glass for mine. They look a lot better if you replace the stock lense covers.