PDA

View Full Version : Question...

DigitaLuminescence
01-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Since I've talked myself down from getting the JDM fixed headlights for my Accy, I've decided to do something a little "different" ... maybe this has been done before, maybe not... let's find out...

I would like to have my lights on a lower profile than stock, preferably along the same profile with the hood or under the hood's profile. I realize that this will be quite difficult to do... but I'm wondering if it is possible. Here is a picture of what I am thinking:

http://home.attbi.com/~jdenkers/LightingDiagram.jpg

This isn't a very good representation of the headlights, but A picture is better than NO picture. And I did it in just under three minutes.
The picture on the left side is STOCK, on the right it is MODIFIED - LOW PROFILE. Hopefully this helps.

So, the question(s) is/are: Can this be done? How much work is involved? What materials will I need? et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...

Help me out, someone! :confused:
Thanks!

LX-i prophet
01-06-2003, 11:14 PM
anything can be done with enuf money. that being said, how would you plan to have them fold down, since if they fold up to be flush with your hood, when they are folded in it would hafta to receed within the hood? make sense? i guess if you put the pivot point as the bottom of the light and have a rod push/pull at the top of the light it could be done. but im thinkin ALOT of custom work involved. go for it........

Chubs87Accord
01-06-2003, 11:19 PM
sounds cool.. but hard to do.. may i ask why you want to do this? lol

btw... thats not a bad drawing for under 3 minutes dude

maka_RTH
01-06-2003, 11:48 PM
when i first looked it just looked like it was partially up, so maybe you could tweak the motor or something so they don't come all the way up..., and points your headlights way up? i don't know, im' thinkin it prolly would be some nifty custom work

DigitaLuminescence
01-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by maka_RTH
when i first looked it just looked like it was partially up, so maybe you could tweak the motor or something so they don't come all the way up..., and points your headlights way up? i don't know, im' thinkin it prolly would be some nifty custom work
Yeah, yeah! that's what I was thinking.
I saw something on a 3geez member's site (can't remember who, though) that might help a little with this process. It looks like a small device that keeps the pivot lighting from going all the way up. There was a picture of an RX7 accompaning it and the picture was a link to an optauto.com subpage (but the link was broken). Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I just mumbling...?

I got the idea from a headlight modification off of a MX5/Miata. K.G.Works makes a lower profile light assembaly that helps with the looks of the car, and I thought something like that might make my car look nice also.

Now the only problem I have is making the light shine straight like it is with the stock. Maybe even getting a smaller light would help, or getting two circular ones for each side... so many choices. LOL

LX-i prophet
01-07-2003, 10:20 PM
i dont know how good that would look. might look like you got busted lights that dont open all the way.........

DigitaLuminescence
01-13-2003, 06:15 PM
(Dammit, I forgot all about this thread...)

I'll do a few photochoppings and see what it looks like. It'll take some massive modifications, but it might just work... and I'm quite sure that it will be "relitively" cheap.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

maka_RTH
01-13-2003, 11:54 PM
i remember seeing a car the other that that looked like you described, i can't remember what kind, i almost wanna say it was a fiero..., but i'm not sure

Coke White SE-i
01-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Umm anothing you can do is have a restriction, where when the headlight opens, it can only go so far! What would work would be a rubber door stripping! or something to that effect!

89AccordNate
01-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Losing half of your headlight beam for that? Aiming them is going to be another difficulty...and all its going to look like is that your headlights are broken and dont come all the way up. To somenoe who doesnt know what the car SHOULD look like, it will look like they are broken.

Nate.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-17-2003, 09:16 AM
yes i agree WITH THE ALIEN NATE!!!!!!

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-17-2003, 09:16 AM
yes i agree WITH THE ALIEN NATE!!!!!!

AND NATE GET THE BUNNIES BACK!!!!!!!

89AccordNate
01-17-2003, 09:31 AM
I worked hard taking that pic for the signature..look what I get! Its gone!

Nate.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-17-2003, 09:36 AM
man MODERATORS PLEASE GET NATES BUNNY PIC BACK!!!!!!

Coke White SE-i
01-17-2003, 09:37 AM
but you could alter the entire way the light looks! Like you coould fabricate a piece of metal to it, and round it over! but idk its kinda confusing!