PDA

View Full Version : where can i find bumpstops????

ryan86accordlxi
05-21-2002, 09:17 AM
does any one know where i can get a set of bumpstops from? i need them for the front and the rear. i bought a one inch tokico lowering kit and brand new front and rear tokico performance struts and i didnt get any bumpstops w/any of them. if anyone knows where i can get these please let me know. does pepboys or any stores like that carry them??

89AccordNate
05-21-2002, 01:47 PM
Are you sure you didnt get any bumpstops?! They are rubber/foamish things that fit over the strut. They should had come with the struts? If not I would be contacting tokico. I think when I got my tokicos the bump stops were already attached to the strut, but they may had come in little small plastic bags......if you dont have any, and your SURE that your missing them, contact tokico and they can hook you up. I wouldnt recommend using anything other then what was meant for the strut.

Nate.

AccordChemist
05-21-2002, 02:24 PM
my bumpstops cracked and fell off of my tokicos within a week...so im riding with no bumpstops but it hasnt hurt my car. the roads where i live are pretty good....

Jims 86LXI HB
05-22-2002, 12:03 AM
I'd try ordering some from Koni. I can tell you their bump stop will fit and it's one heck of a good one to, heck of a lot better then the one's that came on my Bilsteins. Here's their phone number to call and ask them, they can't be that expensive.

859-586-4100

I hope the tokico sturts work out, their springs are kinda stiff. It would be interesting to see if, since they are taller than other lowering springs, if that helps them not bounce. But since their front springs are linear and not progressive that works against you, oh well:rolleyes:

What ever you do, DO NOT run them with out bump stops, you just never know.

AccordChemist
05-22-2002, 03:01 PM
ive been runnin without bumpstops for a good half of a year...and havent had any problems....i just dont feel like taking my strut spring assembly back out..... :smokin:

Mantis88LX
05-22-2002, 03:51 PM
what are bump stops and what are there purpose?