PDA

View Full Version : Engine Problems

Janiel
01-07-2003, 06:39 AM
Ok I have been trying to elimnate the possabltly of why my cars idle surges. Some times its normal and then it happens again when I punch it. I have been told it might be that I just might have to blead the cooling system or it might be the fast idle control or Eacv. I don't know what it could be??? I also think it could be that box that all of those vacum hoses run to?? This is the second engine in this car and it has the same exact problem????? Thanx for the help!!!!

AccordEpicenter
01-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Could be just a vacuum leak. Vacuum leaks can also come from any of the idle valves... I have the same problem too, and Ive replaced the cold idle valve and the warm idle valve and i still have it and my vaccuum lines are good... Im gonna consult a honda factory manual soon.

DBMaster
01-07-2003, 10:07 AM
I have the surging at coasting (like when you let off the gas coming to a stop light) during the summer when it's hot, but not at all when it is below 80 degrees outside.

I even went as far as to take mine to the local Honda dealer, which has a good shop. They kept it for three days and gave me a free loan car. They could find nothing wrong and didn't even charge me a diagnostic fee. I, too, replaced the EACV and fast idle valve. I have been told it might be a worn distributor becase I can find no signs of a vacuum leak, either.

I had this problem on my old Pontiac and it turned out to be the intake manifold gasket, but I doubt that is what it is here. These are the most frustrating and hard to trace problems!

HondaLuxury
01-08-2003, 01:37 AM
My '88 LXi did the same thing. The wires that hooked into the eacv were partially uncheathed and they would short out every once in a while causing the car's idle to fluctuate. I spent 176 on a new eacv, and the problem was fixed my 2 cents worth of electrical tape

DBMaster
01-08-2003, 07:52 AM
I wasn't getting the code 14, but I replaced the EACV anyway. This was about three years ago. I got quotes on one through wroldparts.com and ended up buying from a Honda dealer in Oklahoma for $110.

AccordEpicenter
01-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Im starting to look into the vacuum control box, i think it may have some vacuum solenoids that can cause problems.

MoBFiGGa
01-30-2003, 04:54 AM
check your fuse for the computer