PDA

View Full Version : Angel Eyes, Lighting Mods...

xbi0s
01-07-2003, 07:26 AM
What's up --

Just filling people in on some things I'm doing to my '86 Accord LX-i. I always look for mods so maybe this can help people out...

I found a tutorial on how to make Angel Eyes (the BMW lights that make the circles around the HID lights) so I took that idea and ran with it.. Basically you use an acrylic tube with LED's at either end, and it lights up... I did this with straight tubes and some curved ones to make small lighting effects in and out.

I also put some high power 12v blue lights (detailing in blue) in my corner lights that are controlled with the same switch as the exterior blue lights. -- Still need to find a hole in the firewall --

Anyways... I bought a sheet metal peice and am mounting that into the cassette holder, since I don't use that, and installed my switches there with a LED light above the switch so I can see if its turned on, just for show -- but sometimes I do forget to shut my lights off :)

Anyways... If you'd like any pictures, help with installing anything, or anything of that sort just shout me a holler.... Keep on riding :)

I'm not trying to be a rice burner.. but I did the "Go" car with my fourth gen Civic HB and blew out the tranny.. So I don't plan on doing an extensive amount of mods to the engine bay... Just plan on really getting the car repainted black, dropped with some 17's...

My 3rd car now, 2nd Honda... Gotta love them :)