PDA

View Full Version : Resonator?

Mantis88LX
05-21-2002, 11:49 AM
How much if any horsepower can i get from replacing the resonator with a straight pipe, im getting this done tommrow (wednesday) me and my cousin anre gonna do it. im doing it so my exaust is louder but wondering if any hp increase will happen.

also, gutting the resonator would hurt performance more than anything right? im reaplcing it with staright pipe, just wondering tho.

Don87LX
05-21-2002, 04:51 PM
I doubt you'll see any power gains. BUt I'm willing to bet you'll set off some car alarms with the noise output.

Mantis88LX
05-21-2002, 06:01 PM
haha alright! :D :super: :smokin: ill let ya know tommorow afternoon

1988starter
05-21-2002, 06:44 PM
Yea I have a non resonated exhause and it is damn loud with a dynomax. I should record it sometime and get it online but I am not sure how the quality would be.

Mike89Accordcom
05-22-2002, 11:31 AM
I put on a resonator and it's much quiet. I would leave it, or it will be too loud. Mine was too loud as to why I got one.

AccordSi
05-22-2002, 12:24 PM
I assure you that noise would be the main factor. You will be loud. I don't think you'll see much power gain though. It would be minimal if any extra horses at all....not anything significant that the old butt dyno could pick up.

Mantis88LX
05-22-2002, 03:47 PM
well... after spending all day at my cousin cutting and hacking at the pipes, we gave up on it. went to the muffler shop and they are gonna charge $22 to weld a straight pipe in place of the resonator. damn right now im driving around with no muffler pretty much, its cut right after the resonator, sounds pretty crappy, ill let u guys know tommrow after when get back from the muffler shop, it should sound pretty good, maybe i will be able to hear some exaust sound and not just my engine. lol