PDA

View Full Version : what size parallel flow condenser

travis85904
07-19-2015, 10:16 AM
im looking at buying a paralell flow condenser from AC Source - Automotive Air Conditioning, AC Parts Tools Equipment Kits - CONDENSERS(HIGH EFFICIENCY) (http://www.acsource.com/condensershighefficiency.aspx) from what i could find online the dimensions condenser for an 89 accord is 28 1/4 x 12 x 1. however i couldnt find one of those exact dimensions from that site. which one should i buy? or does anyone know of a better source for a parallel flow condenser?

Dr_Snooz
07-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Not sure, truthfully. I would guess that whatever you buy, some retrofitting will be involved. What are you hoping to achieve with this condenser?

travis85904
07-19-2015, 05:54 PM
my condesner is shot. and ive done the retrofit over to r134a and everything ive read says that r134a works better with a parallel flow condenser, rather than the serpentine that our cars came with from the factory

Vanilla Sky
07-21-2015, 12:04 PM
The proper answer will involve some calculations based on the rest of our AC systems, but for general hacking, I'd just fit the closest one I could in there. There's really nothing special about mounting them. Mount it as close to as stock as possible and you'll be fine. Expect to run new lines and such to complete the installation.

zenapup
07-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Not to say that a parallel flow won't work better, but a properly flowing serpentine with proper airflow through it will work fine. I have a brand new one for our cars that I don't need if you want it. Just PM me if interested for cost and whatnot. Just curious, what happened to your old condenser?

George