PDA

View Full Version : What in the h*** do I do now...

Accord-SEI-89
01-08-2003, 11:18 AM
Ok-

So I am trying to do some different things to get the car running good. Fuel Filter air filter...

So I get to the PCV valve...

Damn things is siezed on there and when I get the top to break of the bottom piece breaks. So how the hell do I get it off the plastic piece is seized up in the metal and what do you call it to replace it?? I feel like I am going to get screwed on a $1.97 part right now :-(

Any help appreciated...

TD

Accord-SEI-89
01-08-2003, 03:27 PM
Ok a little more detail...

I think the piece I need is the PCV breather box and the hose that connects it to the bottom of the PCV valve. Honda wants like $60 for the 2 that sounds crazy. Any ideas.

The car is running without it hooked up but not to nicely but hey it is not much different then before I started that is one of the reasons I was replacing the PCV valve to start with.

TIA

TD

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
01-08-2003, 07:00 PM
TD:

Look at this website, which part did you break?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=4DR+DX&catcgry4=KL5MT&catcgry5=BREATHER+PIPE-OIL+FILTER

Both the PCV Valve and it's hoses are only about $15.00. If you've broken the connecting flange for the breathing chamber, which is below the intake manifold and has a joining hose to the oil filter housing, it's going to cost you around $50. Might as well replace the hose to the oil filter housing as well, that thing leaks all the time.

Claude