PDA

View Full Version : :::fiberglass quetion?:::

3gen"C"ivic
01-08-2003, 07:14 PM
::::okay, i went to this site called importezing.com and saw he was using fiberglass to basically make a replica of his tail lights. now, my question isCAN FIBERGLASS BE USED TO MAKE AN EXTERIOR MODIFICATION FOR EXAMPLE, TAIL LIGHTS? I KNOW YOU CAN USE FIBERGLASS TO MAKE A CUSTOM SUB BOX BUT CAN YOU USE IT TO ALSO MAKE EXTERIOR PARTS OR AM I JUST DREAMING?:pimp: :wave:

Scorpion88LX
01-08-2003, 07:21 PM
yea fiberglass has been used in many different production cars for many years. corvetts, mustangs, and so on. I don't now about lights though, the fiber might be to dense for good light.

Nospeed
01-08-2003, 08:08 PM
i dont see why you cant make your own taillights out of it. the thing is, is you cant see (or its hard to) through fiberglass. you would actually have to make a mold for lights, then place the lights in the fiberglass mold and there you go. you have new lights! but you could do that...in fact, i think thats what bobafett is doing to his hatch, gonna go for the skyline taillight look but with the semi led lights.

but...have fun with the fiberglass...im working with it right now, and it sucks ass. it takes a long time to work with, and make sure you wear rubber gloves and a mask...have fun yo!! :)

3gen"C"ivic
01-09-2003, 12:42 AM
you said he's going for the skyline look. now i've seen skyline tails on an INTEGRA on the importezine.com site but i don't know how they were done. so, if i make a mold of skyline tails can i fit them on my car? or another thing can i make them blank with circle lights for the tails and a solid trunk like the middle being shaved? thanks for the reply and hope to hear more.

Y3G
01-09-2003, 03:47 PM
one you get the hang of fiberglass you never stop!!!
it started with simply gel coating stuff now i'm going nuts