PDA

View Full Version : supercharge it=0

wprocomp
01-09-2003, 10:40 AM
I just got a wipplecharger off a 95 civic for free:D I's am going to try and rig it on my accord.I have a freind that builds custom engine parts who said he could make me a set of pulleys and a manifold to fit it.The blowers pulley broke off and I need to fix it. hopefully it still works. Do yalls think I should try it out? A blown 3gee,that should kick ass huh

Sean
01-09-2003, 10:48 AM
thats should make good power. got a way to fuel it ?

wprocomp
01-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Thats the prob.I have to convet over to efi spec,but the way to route it shouldnt be a prob.I'm thinking around 150 to 170 horse respectivly and if i intercoll it:pimp: oh yes more power;)

shepherd79
01-09-2003, 01:19 PM
are you sure it is not Jackson racing?
because i just looked at whipple website and they have give any refference on import cars.

PhydeauX
01-09-2003, 03:15 PM
I'll assume that he's calling it a whipple because it has the screw type impellers. Most companies, incluiding jackson, use that style, its much more efficient. Is it just the supercharger or is it the whole supercharge/manifold assembly? I haven't a clue what motors came in 95 civics but if it happened to be a b16a you can bolt that sucker on with only a little drilling.

andy

Sean
01-09-2003, 09:19 PM
lining up the drive pulleys could be a bitch though. if you need fuel help go look over in the project forum there some ongogiong stuff with ECM swaps that should make it inexspensive enough to make it feasable.

wprocomp
01-10-2003, 02:53 PM
Sorry for not posting but yes it is a jackson racing (whipple) supercharger. the car did have a b16a tho:D thanks for the info Phydeaux,it will save me alot of time,but how does it directly hook up with just drillin? I cant see how :confused: and yeh the time line up the pulleys is going to be a bitch,but thats where a mig welder comes in handy:flame:

PhydeauX
01-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Well the ports on b16a and b18a heads almost match up, and so do most of the bolt holes. If I remember right there are 2 on the b18a and 3 on a b16a manifold that don't line up. Drill the holes where they need to be and the manifold will bolt right on. Having the head portmatched to the manifold would be a wise idea, but doesn't have to be done.

This is a b18a intake manifold gasket on an a20a3 intake. The red dots are the places that need to be drilled for a b18a, the red dots and the blue dot needs to be drilled if the manifold were from a b16a.

http://phy.37industries.com:3000/accordpics/BseriesToA20.jpg

andy

hoho1217
01-10-2003, 09:50 PM
hey good luck on ur project, and dyno that sucka when u get it running =D

89BadBoy
01-14-2003, 08:48 AM
If i made a custom intake for a supercharger, the next big thing would be lineing up the pulleys.... what else would i have to think about?

wprocomp
03-20-2003, 08:15 PM
I sold the whipple today:( I had it fixed and was ready funk with it but I needed some money and didnt know what else to do,sorry.......maybe Ill buy it back one day.But I am looking into a core off a regal,its in great shape too.cant beat free stuff huh