PDA

View Full Version : '88 LX-i throttle stop

tuna55
08-12-2015, 07:46 AM
I reassembled my nasty Accord and started driving it this week.

I must be missing a piece. I adjusted the throttle cable such that it's barely under tension with no pedal.

When you mat the pedal, you get overcentered throttle blades, so like 75% throttle, but 125% of opening.

I see two bosses on the intake near the throttle body. I assume there is some form of throttle stop bracket which goes here. Can anyone show me?

Thanks

tuna55
09-15-2015, 09:26 AM
I reassembled my nasty Accord and started driving it this week.

I must be missing a piece. I adjusted the throttle cable such that it's barely under tension with no pedal.

When you mat the pedal, you get overcentered throttle blades, so like 75% throttle, but 125% of opening.

I see two bosses on the intake near the throttle body. I assume there is some form of throttle stop bracket which goes here. Can anyone show me?

Thanks

The answer is that the PO bent the throttle cam. It seems unusually weak. I JB welded a couple of nylocks to the pedal and ran a bolt through them so I have a positive throttle stop in the car, too.

Fixedit
09-15-2015, 11:16 AM
That'd be interesting, having a 'sweet spot' in your throttle..

Hope your fix works

tuna55
09-15-2015, 11:25 AM
That'd be interesting, having a 'sweet spot' in your throttle..

Hope your fix works

I fixed the throttle cam too, but added the bolt so I don't bend it again. It's pretty bad off now, and I can easily push the pedal past the stop on the cam.