PDA

View Full Version : Flipping Flip Ups

89Seda
08-19-2015, 06:17 AM
Looking to purchase this Accord, but the body damage is concerning.
1989 Honda Accord LX - low miles (http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5177980825.html)

The car was lightly backed into, breaking the radiator, drivers light, grille, and hood. The radiators been replaced, but how do you mend the pop up mechanism for the lights?

Dr_Snooz
08-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Have you looked at the car? The damage doesn't look all that serious, so I'd expect it to be a pretty easy fix. It's worth checking out the car if you haven't.

derolph
08-20-2015, 07:54 AM
The front-end damage appears to have mainly affected the hood. The headlights appear to be okay. Even if they are slightly bent, the pop-up mechanism probably still works.

89Seda
08-20-2015, 10:20 AM
I'll be looking at the car this Saturday if nobody buys it up, the car comes with a spare drivers light that'll hopefully fix whatevers goofed up.

I need noob-tips and advice with this one, I've never owned a third-gen before, just a 4th gen Accord and a Z600 (think 1st gen Civic but smaller and 2 cylinder).

Edit: As far as I know the car is stock other than the AC using R-13, if I buy it I'll keep it stock, vacuum hoses and all! I might upgrade the brakes, otherwise it'll be basic maintainence.

EDIT: Bah, looks like it sold, oh well. Maybe a nice Injected model will show up.