PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Indiglow gauges 88 89

87accord
01-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Ok I just got them in the mail today:) Wondering if you guys that have these and have installed them have any tips on what not to do when installing them! Also I see the gas gauge has not screw, How do you get the gauge to stick to the gauge without rubbing the gas and temp needles?
thx
matt:sadwave:

87accord
01-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Also i was reading the back instructions and part 5 says "Place the plastic rings provided on the two middle holes of each luminous dial and screw up" What the hell is that cause i didt get any in my package?
-matt

87accord
01-10-2003, 12:36 PM
I swear This is the last post Well Ill post some pics of what they look like later after work! I cant install them right now cause i am missing a few screws out of my cluster and i need to find some extra screws at the junkyard!
latz:mad:

anchovies
01-10-2003, 01:47 PM
-Don't take out the needles.
-Use double sided tape or glue to put those gauges on that does not have the screws.
-Place a mark for the fuel gauge needle (outside of the gauge w/ pencil) so you'll know where the needle should point to when you are done.
-When done, make sure the needles aren't binding with the gauges (i.e., all needles have a smooth travel)

That's about it. The fuel/temp gauge is a little bit more difficult than the other two, but you'll get it with some patience.

87accord
01-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Cool So iam guessing there are 2 wires to hook up! One that is a ground and one that goes to your flip up lights right?
Where do i hook that wire up to?
:confused:

anchovies
01-10-2003, 10:35 PM
I spliced it into the dimmer wire (blue w/ red stripes I THINK). I forgot, ask shepard, he helped me with this one. Or you can tap into the fuse box.

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-10-2003, 11:15 PM
I just tapped into the RED wire (+12v) and BLACK wire (ground) in the main (largest) harness going into the cluster. The indiglos have their own dimmer switch, so you don't really need it going into the cars dimmer, just a constant 12v that's on with the parking/headlights

87accord
01-10-2003, 11:35 PM
ok I think the gauge i have are bunk! I got of work and its to dam cold to go out to my car to hookem up right! So i go into the garage and pop the hood where i hook up the red cable to the + battery and try to find several places for the ground and no lights? Am i doing this wrong? Do all the gauges have to be hooked up? Why is there 4 gauge hook ups? Damit u guys have any idea?:mad: :confused: :wtf:

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Is the dimmer turned all the way clockwise? I think I tried that when I got mine and they didn't work either, but worked when I hooked them up right. Might be too much juice (amps) or something

shepherd79
01-11-2003, 05:12 AM
make sure they are connected to the power. i mean the wire that comming out the gauge is connected to the tranformer.
turn the dimmer switch all the way to the right and try it.
about connection, i don't remember right now, PM or IM me.
you don't have to keep them on all the time, I spliced mine into the dash light dimmer switch this way they turn on when the dash lights are on. it saves the transformer from frying too.