PDA

View Full Version : Guage Cluster Indicator Lights...

DigitaLuminescence
01-10-2003, 04:04 PM
I noticed something as I was driving back from Costco this afternoon... On the top end of my guage cluster there are the indicator lights (left: BATTERY, OIL, HIGH BEAM, LEFT TURN SIGNAL... right: BRAKE, SEATBELT, CRUISE CONTROL <-- doesn't work, RIGHT TURN SIGNAL, and LOW GAS LIGHT <-- doesn't work)

My question is: what are the unused lights on the panel for (2 on the left, 1 on the right)? Are those lights used on the LX-i and/or SE-i? All three have the red screens on them, but no lighting behind.

I'm stumped.

:help:

DigitaLuminescence
01-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Oh yeah... almost forgot,
about the OIL light... when that light comes on (which it does every once in a while) does it mean the oil is low? or does it mean something about oil pressure? I was told by a friend that it was something about oil pressure, but she didn't know exactly (and she didn't want to bet on it). So, what does the light signify. Whenever it comes on for me (done it three times: two time driving, one time idleing), i take it to the closest Jiffy Lube or whatever, but they never tell me what the problem is... well, either that or i never ask. Probably the latter.

Thanks!

maka_RTH
01-10-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by DigitaLuminescence
Oh yeah... almost forgot,
about the OIL light... when that light comes on (which it does every once in a while) does it mean the oil is low? or does it mean something about oil pressure? I was told by a friend that it was something about oil pressure, but she didn't know exactly (and she didn't want to bet on it). So, what does the light signify. Whenever it comes on for me (done it three times: two time driving, one time idleing), i take it to the closest Jiffy Lube or whatever, but they never tell me what the problem is... well, either that or i never ask. Probably the latter.

Thanks!
it's triggered by the oil pressure. if it flashes, it means there is barely enough oil pressure, and if it's on constant, there is not enough oil pressure. this usually means you are low on oil..., but if you oil pump went out, then there'd be no oil pressure so it would come on then to.

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
01-10-2003, 04:40 PM
yea what about the gas light where does the thing go on at? does it go on the lil car diafram???

maka_RTH
01-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Scotts88WhiteLX-i
yea what about the gas light where does the thing go on at? does it go on the lil car diafram???
if i remember right the gas light is next to the right turn signal.
on the left side, i also have a check engine light, pgm-fi for '86-'87 i believe

DigitaLuminescence
01-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by maka_RTH
if i remember right the gas light is next to the right turn signal.
on the left side, i also have a check engine light, pgm-fi for '86-'87 i believe

Ah, I don't have one of those pgm-fi lights... for good reason, i guess.

Maybe the other blank places are just company manufactured so that people like me start bitching about on Accord forums. LOL :D :tongue:

maka_RTH
01-12-2003, 06:01 PM
actually i think the one on the left is the stock fog light indicator http://images.cardomain.com/installs/259000-259999/259704_230_full.jpg this is tim yoaks

87accord
01-12-2003, 08:37 PM
My manual says on 87 dx auto carb that when the gas light comes on and glows that means u have 2.6 us gal!:D

AccordEpicenter
01-12-2003, 11:53 PM
dude when the oil light goes on that means you have no oil pressure due to one thing or another, its very important not to run the car with that light on!

SiR
01-13-2003, 06:40 AM
One thing on the gas light: Is it connected with the sending unit or is it on a different system. Just wondering if the gauge fails, that the gas light fails to or not.

cruznz
01-13-2003, 04:57 PM
sender unit is in the tank...might want to check the bulb first

SiR
01-13-2003, 05:38 PM
Nothing has failed, Im just asking if its on a different system, or both light and gauge runs off the that same sending unit.