PDA

View Full Version : need help with aftermarket gauge

TREVOR
01-10-2003, 05:19 PM
:confused:
I just installed an aftermarket gauge in my dash on the passenger side. It looks pretty damn sweet. I got everything on it hooked up but there is one wire I have to hook up from the back of the gauge to the ingition switch. How in the hell do I go about doing this without messing something up? By the way it is a water temp. gauge. Right next to it, I am going to put a fuel gauge, because my originals are both broken. Any help would be great.
thanx

79EK1
01-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Try and find an unused accessory harness connector under the dash, and hook it up to that. Honda usually puts extra pigtails in the under dash harness for various accessories that may not be installed. If you can't find one, you can make a Y adapter and use that. Use a test light or voltmeter to verify that the power is on when the key is turned on. If the connector has power all the time, the gauge will be on all the time and drain the battery.

A20A1
01-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Normally it's a yellow wire around 20 22 guage I think.

dXsquared
01-11-2003, 02:21 PM
i plug into the RADIO fuse in the fuse box for my remote lines...

Travis

TREVOR
01-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Well guys thanx for your help. I will try putting it in my radio fuse in the fuse box and see if that works. It sounds a lot easier.

79EK1
01-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Make sure you attach it to the correct side of the fuse holder when you hook it up at the box. Hook it to the fused side. If you attach it to the hot side and accidently short the gauge, you won't have any fuse protection. You can test which one is what by removing the fuse and touching the gauge wire to the fuse connectors one at a time while the key is on (be careful). One side will light the gauge, the other won't. Use the side that doesn't. Hope that helps.