Fuel pressure Regulator
Distributor
waterpump
fuel Pump
Main relay
Pacesetter headers
time/belt
Pretty much everything on the car has been serviced or changed/cleaned

Searched various 3gee post, and the web- trying to figure out what is causing my ECU to flash one blinking light for the number 1 02 sensor to read faulty/ bad - On one random occasion it flashed 2 blinks for the other 02 sensor but stopped and went back to 1 randomly :sadwave:
suspect faulty ecu?
I can't figure it out :( I need the friendly 3GEE community to lend me their knowledge- please

Description:
My car starts up wonderfully, but after it warms up , the car creates a slight surging in idle just under 1,000 RPMs . The car loses some power during take off, and seems to shift a bit slower than normal -gas mileage is also a bit poor. At stop lights my car has a rough idle, vibration, and slight bucking up and down of rpms ( in 1,000 to 900 Rpm area) as I mentioned before- take off doesn't have as much power - feels bogged down. I'm uncertain if maybe the wiring from the 02 to ecu is creating a problem (broken,bad ground?) or maybe fuel mixture is creating the problem? I run 93 octane, and use full synthetic oil- I just can't figure out what the issue is... maybe the ecu isn't communicating correctly? Cat converter is only a few years old- I'm just stuck :(

what is my Idle issue ?
Why is my Ecu constantly flashing a bad 02 sensor even though I've replaced them several times before?

Dr_Snooz
08-31-2015, 07:55 PM
Have you proceeded through the troubleshooting flow chart starting on p. 12-20 of the manual? (https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzcxevmh7x4c5r4/1989%20Accord%20Service%20Manual.pdf?dl=0)

Oldblueaccord
08-31-2015, 09:21 PM
Things I've replaced in my 1989 honda accord

Both 02 Sensors
Spark Plugs & wires
Oil Pressure senor
temperature sensors - all of them
Air filter
Fuel filter
alternator
starter
Ecu - Used Part
Idle Control Valve
Idle Air Control Valve
Fuel pressure Regulator
Distributor
waterpump
fuel Pump
Main relay
Pacesetter headers
time/belt
Pretty much everything on the car has been serviced or changed/cleaned

Searched various 3gee post, and the web- trying to figure out what is causing my ECU to flash one blinking light for the number 1 02 sensor to read faulty/ bad - On one random occasion it flashed 2 blinks for the other 02 sensor but stopped and went back to 1 randomly :sadwave:
suspect faulty ecu?
I can't figure it out :( I need the friendly 3GEE community to lend me their knowledge- please

Description:
My car starts up wonderfully, but after it warms up , the car creates a slight surging in idle just under 1,000 RPMs . The car loses some power during take off, and seems to shift a bit slower than normal -gas mileage is also a bit poor. At stop lights my car has a rough idle, vibration, and slight bucking up and down of rpms ( in 1,000 to 900 Rpm area) as I mentioned before- take off doesn't have as much power - feels bogged down. I'm uncertain if maybe the wiring from the 02 to ecu is creating a problem (broken,bad ground?) or maybe fuel mixture is creating the problem? I run 93 octane, and use full synthetic oil- I just can't figure out what the issue is... maybe the ecu isn't communicating correctly? Cat converter is only a few years old- I'm just stuck :(

what is my Idle issue ?
Why is my Ecu constantly flashing a bad 02 sensor even though I've replaced them several times before?

swap the O2 plugs. You might have them switched around.

deathblood6
09-07-2015, 09:26 PM
No I haven't looked through that guide- I will most certainly study it - Thank you for the link - its most helpful :)

zenapup
09-14-2015, 11:41 AM
What brand sensors did you use? Denso is the OE manufacturer and they are still available. 234-1009 and 234-1017 are the part numbers. Sometimes computers are picky about sensors so might be worth considering.