PDA

View Full Version : Temp Guage Not Working

tightwhitelx
01-10-2003, 06:40 PM
ok i know im not the only one who fucked up when trying to put in my indiglo guages from procarparts but my temp guage isnt accurate anymore does anyone know a way that i can reset it or but something that will give me a accurate reading.

A20A1
01-11-2003, 12:27 AM
If you put the needle on after you know the guage has reached it's normal operating temp then that should be ok... then shut the car off and check to see that it drops to the lowest point.

you can get a seperate mechanical coolant temperature guage if you are still worried about accuracy. But the problem is they install into the hole where the radiator thermal switch is and are not small enough to take the place of the stock temperature sending unit.
To make sure the fans still work
- You can bypass the thermal switch and manually turn the fans on with an added switch
or
- You can use a "T" fitting and run the thermal switch and temperature guage to the same hole in the radiator. But when you use a "T" fitting there are sometimes pockets of air or something that keeps the coolant from circulating over the sending part of the guages.