PDA

View Full Version : is there a pace setter exhaust that fits 89 honda accord lx

89lxpos
05-21-2002, 07:38 PM
i am trying to get a good exhaust system if you know any that fit 89 accord lx please list and give link :)

3rdgenSLIMER
05-21-2002, 08:07 PM
pacesetter does make an exhaust for our cars, but they aren't very good as to what i hear from everyone on the board. they are the only company to make a exhaust system thats a straight bolt on for our cars. the best thing to do, is to buy a universal muffler, and take it to a muffler shop and get them to put whatever size pipe you want them to on your car. thats what i did.

RobT5580
05-21-2002, 08:09 PM
They should have it for an Lx i had a Dx coupe with one on it. to be honest i would put the money into an aftermarket muffler and have it welded in with new piping at an exhaust shop. The pace setter will rust out fast and is poor quality. The only good thing about it was the sound was not too loud but not too soft but other than that its not worth the 150 or what ever its going for.

1988starter
05-22-2002, 04:14 AM
I got the pacesetter hated it the muffler rattled and it sounded bad.:( one day I was filled with rage at my exhaust:mad: :burn: so I said:flipa: and cut off the muffler:huh: then I bought a dynomax superturbo :D and had it welded on with a brospeed 3 inch tip. :) it works much better with no rattle so goodbye pacesetter:wave:
The point of the story get a custom catback just make sure to het mandrel bent pipes they work much better.