PDA

View Full Version : What mod can i do for cheap?

kahsperr
01-10-2003, 07:50 PM
I was wondering what can i do by hand to my 86 accord that cost little to nuthing..what i mean by this is, are there anythings i can do like adjustments or whatever that can make my car look better...such as clearing the lights myself or changing sumthing minor that makes a big difference....if someone can give me sum ideas that would be helpful,,,thanx

maka_RTH
01-10-2003, 08:06 PM
advance your timing, clear your tails(or paint them red), gutter gaurd in the front grills, car wash, plugs/wires/cap/rotor, build yourself an intake, if you're carbed flip the lid, as far as BIG difference, that takes a little more money...

LX-i prophet
01-10-2003, 08:33 PM
recline your seat...... :D

hoho1217
01-10-2003, 08:33 PM
=D car wash is the best =D

LX-i prophet
01-10-2003, 08:46 PM
naw, mines better. mines free ! :D

hoho1217
01-10-2003, 08:51 PM
LOL, hey i've just did that mod to my car, haha it feels very comfy =D

LX-i prophet
01-10-2003, 08:55 PM
yeah, reclined seats are pimp :pimp:
also , another free mod, change the intesity of your dash lights. chicks dig it

hoho1217
01-10-2003, 10:01 PM
LOL, or u can set the clock to wrong time to "trick" ur friends, lol

anywayz, let's not changed the main subject of this thread.

kahsperr:

you can get the civic intake, go to muff shop and get custom 2.25 piping, and muff, and headers if u have enough money.

o and do a full tune up on the car.

LX-i prophet
01-11-2003, 08:15 PM
i think its too late for that....
i did the clock thing. very sneaky..........

heres a freebie. park with your headlights up....... unique

Tim Yoak
01-13-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by LX-i prophet
i think its too late for that....
i did the clock thing. very sneaky..........

heres a freebie. park with your headlights up....... unique I thinks there are a lot of people who don't how to put them down. I had a girl(a blonde) ask me what was wrong with her lights, she was to stupid to know about the switch:lol

maka_RTH
01-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Tim Yoak
I thinks there are a lot of people who don't how to put them down. I had a girl(a blonde) ask me what was wrong with her lights, she was to stupid to know about the switch:lol
yup. the people i bought my car from..... lol :lol

3G Jester
01-13-2003, 03:18 PM
STICKERS!!! STICKERS!!! those make it REEEEAAALLLYYYY FAST!!!

1987HondaAccord
01-13-2003, 04:54 PM
STICKERS!!! STICKERS!!! those make it REEEEAAALLLYYYY FAST!!!

:lol :lol :stupid: :lol :stupid: :lol :stupid::lol :lol

3G Jester
01-13-2003, 05:41 PM
86 means carb most likely.....so u can spend 45 bucks to by a K&N filter---there really great, ad a few hp and are reusible. you just wash em in a sink and use this bottle of stuff that comes with it. worth it.

Tim Yoak
01-13-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
86 means carb most likely.....so u can spend 45 bucks to by a K&N filter---there really great, ad a few hp and are reusible. you just wash em in a sink and use this bottle of stuff that comes with it. worth it. right now I am building a cold air box that goes over the carb, it will have an open element air cleaner, but be in an aluminum box with a plexi top, that way I can duct air into it and it still looks good. plus I'm building an air door so I can keep my carb heat.

3G Jester
01-13-2003, 09:22 PM
fancy boy!! wow..sounds ass kickin. take some pics and direction :rolleyes: i think im diggin ur n00b ideas :D

rare_89lxi_coupe
01-13-2003, 09:28 PM
yeah, i'm with sticker guy- apc stickers add a good 15 horse each-oh and some tire flys and leds on your washer fluid squiters- maybe even a chrome tip with a light ring around it. if you want to go all out on CHEAP mods, i'd go for all of the above.
*this entire paragraph was a joke, please do not take the "rice advice" seriously-not even for one second.* wait untill you have money, then do your mods right. don't risk the rice look-it's too painful.

3G Jester
01-13-2003, 09:32 PM
DOOD. 89accordnate has a +30 hp sticker. Also....

if its been a while since your emitions.....gut your cat. or get an old one..gut that one. and swtich em when ever u need to do emitions. that way u save on a high flow cat..and if u can weld....then well...u got a high(er) flow exhaust.

Tim Yoak
01-13-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by rare_89lxi_coupe
yeah, i'm with sticker guy- apc stickers add a good 15 horse each-oh and some tire flys and leds on your washer fluid squiters- maybe even a chrome tip with a light ring around it. if you want to go all out on CHEAP mods, i'd go for all of the above.
*this entire paragraph was a joke, please do not take the "rice advice" seriously-not even for one second.* wait untill you have money, then do your mods right. don't risk the rice look-it's too painful. Yea when I do all my mods I take my time and do them right. Example: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p492de2ba89ebfc4b3bec21d5fd872ef4/fce67b3d.jpg .......that tach took over 100 hours to build and install, but you won't see any wires and it looks profesional, I had to go to power mirrors to do that I wish I had a pic of the door mounting.

LX-i prophet
01-14-2003, 11:54 AM
i admire the amount of work that went into that "Tim" but the whole skull thing? naw.......

3G Jester
01-14-2003, 12:54 PM
im still trying tofigure out what and where the skull is...:huh:

maka_RTH
01-14-2003, 01:08 PM
here ya are:

Tim Yoak
01-14-2003, 04:29 PM
i admire the amount of work that went into that "Tim" but the whole skull thing? naw....... Oh come on now, you know fast cars have always had skulls in them, like the one on the shifter in armegeddon, the one with the light up eyes? Thats what this does it's a shift light. I would put a shift knob like that but I'm too attached to my old race car shifter knob. I made the skull too out of resin.

Tim Yoak
01-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Just for the record that whole mounting post is made out of aluminum, I spent weeks designing it so in an accident it would break away if you hit it, yet still not shake. I went to the power mirrors because I needed a flat mounting spot for the tach. When you close the door it sits right beside the instrument cluster. I thought I would maby get an ordinary shift light and then I thought how about a skull one? that would be cool as hell. A lot of people want to know where I bought it and then I tell them it's homemade they all want one, Too much work to be commercial.

BLck89accord
01-14-2003, 05:44 PM
LOL....how could u not see the skull????....he he...j/k man.

Tim Yoak
01-14-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by BLck89accord
LOL....how could u not see the skull????....he he...j/k man.

R© Ok, well the point is you don't have to spend a lot of money to make it look good, just a lot of time and effort. It's the details that matter.:tongue:

Tim Yoak
01-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Ok, well the point is you don't have to spend a lot of money to make it look good, just a lot of time and effort. It's the details that matter.:tongue: Just for laughs I wasted about 10 pumkins testing that mount attached to a crap door. when the pumkin survived it works right:lol :flash: :lol :bow: :bow: :cool:

LX-i prophet
01-14-2003, 09:51 PM
i know it was a shift light, but i admire you MADE it out of resin, that musta taken some time, even with a mold i woulda fucked it up. so did you wire like 2 LEDS to the eys, or is it just a cover?
and i wasnt dissin on the skull, its just not for me. good stuff though, no doubt

Tim Yoak
01-14-2003, 10:22 PM
i know it was a shift light, but i admire you MADE it out of resin, that musta taken some time, even with a mold i woulda fucked it up. so did you wire like 2 LEDS to the eys, or is it just a cover?
and i wasnt dissin on the skull, its just not for me. good stuff though, no doubt Yea It's got two leds in the eyes, I need a new rpm module though, mine quit

Tim Yoak
01-14-2003, 10:23 PM
Yea It's got two leds in the eyes, I need a new rpm module though, mine quit Email with your email adress and I'll try and remember to take a better picture eaiser to send that way

3G Jester
01-15-2003, 07:13 AM
OH! the skull this the shift light!!!!

d00d thats cool. props to you on that one. thats a really cool idea.

Auzreal189
01-16-2003, 10:09 PM
I added a sytem, degreased the engine, tune-up, reset the ecu, washed and waxed, shampooed carpets and cleaned leather and made all the interior lights in my car blue with blue electrical tape, even the seatbelt warning lights. Total cost....... @ $40. bucks.

Tim Yoak
01-17-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Auzreal189
I added a sytem, degreased the engine, tune-up, reset the ecu, washed and waxed, shampooed carpets and cleaned leather and made all the interior lights in my car blue with blue electrical tape, even the seatbelt warning lights. Total cost....... @ $40. bucks. Thats a ood start

87DXHatch
01-17-2003, 12:36 PM
ummm... leather? What leather? You have an LX-i...

And you added a HU, 3 subs, and an amp for less than $40?

VERY peculiar...

Tim Yoak
01-17-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by 87DXHatch

VERY peculiar... You could get an lxi with leather, it's just a rare option.

LX-i prophet
01-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by 87DXHatch

VERY peculiar...

yeah the whole system thing sounded shady to me too. haha- paid 10 bux for the lock picking tool.........

maka_RTH
01-17-2003, 10:36 PM
yeah the whole system thing sounded shady to me too. haha- paid 10 bux for the lock picking tool.........
lol, that's where my stereo went! lol, j/k my guess is he din't include the price of his system... or his frined stole it for him :lol

rare_89lxi_coupe
01-18-2003, 01:54 PM
I'll have to find the thread on honda-tech but we went through an entire argument over my car.It is an 89 LX-i coupe and it's got leather interior (hence my name- RARE...) since I am a female, the guys completely degraded me and told me I didn't know what I drive so I posted my VIN and told them to run the damn thing through car fax and I posted pics, and sure enough...

rare_89lxi_coupe
01-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Alright, it's http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=370885
At first, it was about the tranny in my car and then one guy started all the crap about my interior and it got ugly. LOL. I'm jules_89lxi_coupe on there by the way.