PDA

View Full Version : Damn B&G's keep on saggin'.....

markmdz89hatch
01-11-2003, 09:46 AM
OK, so now it's a little rediculous...

...here's a very recent (today) pic of the ass end with those B&G's installed. ...umm.... can we say saggin ass?....

I got to get these damn things off like yesterday and put in for that warrany claim on 'em.....

anyway... for your viewing pleasure....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p3d109d85a44f286b870a1536db4df975/fccb8603.jpg

Jims 86LXI HB
01-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Hey keep in mind your starting to risk messin up the koni's, better act soon before they need to be replaced to. Warranty claim, warranty claim here we come. Don't put it off any longer, your not going to wake up one morning and find out it raised it self back up.:D :lol :stick:

markmdz89hatch
01-11-2003, 11:09 AM
LOL! ...yeah Jim your right. I'm just too damn lazy and too much of a wous to get under the car and work on it when it's 12 deg. outside. LOL.. I'll take care of it soon enough. If I wait longer, I'll probably just lift her up on jack stands until I get off my lazy ass.

...but talk about "go-cart" ride. This thing has NO body roll, and I still have yet to install my LX-i sway bars and front and rear strut tower bars. then I'll really be go-cart'n it.

88LXi68
01-11-2003, 11:43 AM
if u need to use a garage let me know! Also, if when you put your warranty claim in and they dont want the actual springs back, I'll gladly take them off your hands :D

Mantis88LX
01-11-2003, 02:48 PM
does the front end sit that low too?

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-11-2003, 03:15 PM
DANG!!!! lowwwwwwwwwwww

DarknessRS
01-11-2003, 05:28 PM
How long did you have the springs before they started sagging? I'm planning on getting a set of B&G springs matched with Bilstein struts.

markmdz89hatch
01-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DarknessRS
How long did you have the springs before they started sagging? I'm planning on getting a set of B&G springs matched with Bilstein struts.

I've been running on them for almost 6 mo. now. But they are defects. A set of non-defects will only drop you about 1.6, not 3 like mine is. Please run the setup that you intend to run, by Jim, I guarantee he'll tell you that the billsteins cannot handle the B&G's. Those springs are the hardest set of springs that you can buy without going coil overs. The billsteins could barely contain the H&R's that Jim was running.

RobT5580
01-11-2003, 08:46 PM
That is pretty bad considering your running 15's. I feel your pain on the cold weather cause i was out friday working on my car. That is my biggest problem hopefully will have either a car port or garage next winter. I was thinking of storing my nice coupe at my dads 113,000sq.ft warehouse (also heated) for the winter but its out in Michigan. Im glad i didnt cause i needed it 2 times already this winter.

markmdz89hatch
01-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Mantis88LX
does the front end sit that low too?

nah, the front's sittin' pretty. I love the way it looks now.

here's a shitty pic of the front wheel taken earlier yesterday morning. It was not taken to show the gap, but you get the idea..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/pf65640e03e89ea88566b7adc7fb892dd/fccb862d.jpg

DarknessRS
01-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
I've been running on them for almost 6 mo. now. But they are defects. A set of non-defects will only drop you about 1.6, not 3 like mine is. Please run the setup that you intend to run, by Jim, I guarantee he'll tell you that the billsteins cannot handle the B&G's. Those springs are the hardest set of springs that you can buy without going coil overs. The billsteins could barely contain the H&R's that Jim was running.

So which struts should I pair up with the B&Gs?

markmdz89hatch
01-14-2003, 11:40 AM
KONI's...

...no other struts out there can even think about compensating for the rediculous hardness of the B&G's.

I'm actually going to be sending my front Koni's out to get shortened, revalved, and be modified for external adjustments. Then I think I'll be happy. (At least for the time-being.)

AccordSi
01-14-2003, 03:38 PM
I had B&G's. The ride was good but I hated the lowness. They do have the car sitting pretty on 17's though. Can you say "See me!"