PDA

View Full Version : Neone Wrecked Their 3gee?

HondaBoy
01-11-2003, 02:26 PM
if u havent already heard, i unfortunatly wrecked my 3gee. it the right rear quarter panel. i wanted to know if ne of yall have wrecked ur car. if so post pix and tell about it. maybe help me out be saying what it cost to get it fixed if u had that done. and maybe list the parts needed like quarter panels, QP extendor, inner fender well, just to give u an idea. im hopin i wont have to spend more than $3000. im willing to do what ever it takes to fix my car, basicly cuz im a die hard honda guy. i will post some pix of my car wrecked when i get the film done.

smufguy
01-11-2003, 08:08 PM
hey man. well i crashed my car head on on the bridge when i skidded off a turn and my fucked up cooper tires just wont hold shit. anywayz. all the repairs so far has included, changing the parts as listed

Hood: $ 30

Bumper and metal crossmember: $50

bumper mounts, radiator, condensor and upper radiator brace, hood release mechanism and misalaneous: $80

so the total was $160. The frame repair is gonna be custom. NOt to a shop but with SAE in my college. Me being a member i am gonna help them out by taking off bent crap and help them weld my headlight support, radiator support and box frame back in. so that would have a total limit of $200 bucks.

So including parts and labor the total is $360.

here are some pics of the crash.

the asian kid in the pic is my friend and i just took it for fun. if u wanna see me, u can go back to the main folder and take a look at it.CRASH (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/praveen13/lst?&.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/Accident+Pictures&.src=bc&.view=t&.begin=1&.order=&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/praveen13/lst%3f%26.dir=/Yahoo!%2bPhoto%2bAlbum/Accident%2bPictures%26.src=bc%26.view=t)

In Your case, its gonna be a lil more expensive considering its on the rear quarter panel and its not remvable. so its gonna be around 3K like you said. cause thats the quote i got from Toyota body shop assholes. anywayz, sorry to hear it man, but do know that it will be all worth it once she is on the road back again.

socal3rdgen
01-11-2003, 08:37 PM
for 3000 just get another lowmiles one. i mean why spend that much to fix somthin that might never be the same again.

smufguy
01-11-2003, 08:49 PM
its what some ppl call as love for you car and no matter what price tag it is under. u will still pay a fortune to fix it up.

RobT5580
01-11-2003, 08:53 PM
That is my biggest fear cause of all the time/money i put into my car. But its something i will have to deal with and i can take most of it with me depending how bad if i ever got into a wreck. I have seen some nice accords on this board get wrecked like Digitized's car was really nice and unique. Some others as well but given the cars age and book value it wont take much to total the car. If it was gonna cost 3k to fix i would start fresh with a 89. I wanted to start fresh after all the trouble and break in with my other coupe and it was much better than trying to fix the other car.

johndej
01-11-2003, 09:14 PM
damn smufguy, you must have really hit that bridge hard, good thing you can get it fixed that cheap. as to the rest of this thread, i havn't wrecked the 3g, but i got a ticket in it yeasterday cause the sticker expired 02

liht
01-11-2003, 09:54 PM
yeah i wrecked mine..and bought a lexus, hah.
i had posted pictures a while ago but have since lost track of them. if i find them i might post them.

smufguy
01-11-2003, 10:18 PM
but its his real quarter panel. so its like a non bolt on part and no way he can repair it on his own. in my case, after changing the bumper and the hood, u can barely see the dmage to the frame so its not that bad. Yeah i hit the bridge around 40mph, i gotta take a pic of the shit i hit, cause every time i drive by i can see the burgundy paint and the bent electrical tube there. well, i messed up my baby, and its out of my love i do it. not cause i have to or i could, but i want to.

HondaBoy
01-11-2003, 11:19 PM
now im thinkin it will be more like $1900 to fix the panels and shit that has to be welded on. i dont guess the frame realy got misaligned though. this is also a good reason to get it repainted at that body shop i want to take it to. im not going with a real great color i guess, but i was thinkin dark brown metalic. ive seen this on a 3gee SE-I. its not that champain beige metalic either. its a real brown. and the color that i realy want is pure white pearl with a red tint. yall know that color? ive seen it on a few cars. i dont know what its called when they do that pearl with another color slighly tinted under. and ya i realy love my car. being that it only has 88,0XX miles on it, i just cant get rid of it. the engine is runnin great and the tranny is still great. i can save lots of money shopping at the junk yard. i might need a dool because it messed up the hinge. maybe i can get that fixed though. im hopin i will get a job soon, like in the next 2-3 weeks so i can get this shit over with. if not done by march maybe my grandma will help me out with payin for it.

smufguy
01-12-2003, 06:44 PM
i have seen that brown mettalic on a rag top LX-i. it was pretty unique.

Tim Yoak
01-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
i have seen that brown mettalic on a rag top LX-i. it was pretty unique. If you really want to fix it and save money, find one thats totaled in the front and have the whole section cut out for the body shop to work with. then it's only labor. Anyone on here sugest a good body shop for him? know someone a friend, relative,3rd cousin twice removed etc??

quazar311
01-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Totalled.
http://ghettoracer.com/quazar/oldskool/oldest/87lxicrash.jpg

AccordEpicenter
01-12-2003, 11:32 PM
I hate the front ends, the headlight buckets never line up again. My previous accord i bought wrecked, the guy claimed he hit a building... I needed hood hinges, front bumper, both bumper mounts, a drivers side headlight bucket and fender, inner fender for that side too. I had the parts so it didnt cost me anything except $400 to paint the front quarter panel and the rear qtrs too

Tim Yoak
01-13-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
I hate the front ends, the headlight buckets never line up again. My previous accord i bought wrecked, the guy claimed he hit a building... I needed hood hinges, front bumper, both bumper mounts, a drivers side headlight bucket and fender, inner fender for that side too. I had the parts so it didnt cost me anything except $400 to paint the front quarter panel and the rear qtrs too something like that it's best to have a honda bodyshop fix it.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-13-2003, 04:59 PM
IF YOUR GUNA SPEND 3000 GET A USED ACCORD AND TAKE YOUTR MODS ON THAT ONE!

HondaBoy
01-14-2003, 09:14 PM
hey liht, you bought a lexus? well its one i would consider. at least its a Jap. toyota made. and for that thing with finding a junked front with the perfect backend, i had thought of that when i first looked at my car. ive know quite a few people that did that with good luck. thats what i was telling my friend and he reminded me that there were a few accords at the junk yard that had good backends. the only problem i will have is cutting the panels off myself. the guy who reccomended that place Top Gun has cutting tools i think. so maybe he can help me out there. now im not shur how to go about cutting. torch or rotary cutter. both have their good pionts. i looked closely at the bent parts today and i didnt seem to do any damage to the frame. i hope im seeing right. i also started it up since its been sitting there for nearly 2 weeks. it started up quite well considering its cold outside. note that my car only has 882XX miles. i checked.

Tim Yoak
01-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by HondaBoy
hey liht, you bought a lexus? well its one i would consider. at least its a Jap. toyota made. and for that thing with finding a junked front with the perfect backend, i had thought of that when i first looked at my car. ive know quite a few people that did that with good luck. thats what i was telling my friend and he reminded me that there were a few accords at the junk yard that had good backends. the only problem i will have is cutting the panels off myself. the guy who reccomended that place Top Gun has cutting tools i think. so maybe he can help me out there. now im not shur how to go about cutting. torch or rotary cutter. both have their good pionts. i looked closely at the bent parts today and i didnt seem to do any damage to the frame. i hope im seeing right. i also started it up since its been sitting there for nearly 2 weeks. it started up quite well considering its cold outside. note that my car only has 882XX miles. i checked. If you are going to be cutting on the back end, PLEASE tskr the time and remove the fuel system first. I tried to work on one with a dripping tank and almost blew myself up doing it.

smufguy
01-15-2003, 02:03 PM
in the junk yards its a law that either you have ur fuel tank punctured to drain the gas out or be totally removed like the junk yard i go to (somerset wreckers and recycling, nj).

Tim Yoak
01-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
in the junk yards its a law that either you have ur fuel tank punctured to drain the gas out or be totally removed like the junk yard i go to (somerset wreckers and recycling, nj). They don't do that around here, This is redneck central USA

HondaBoy
01-17-2003, 10:29 PM
thats a good idea i had worried about. infact they always have the fuel tanks off on cars that have been cut apart at the junk yard. so i guess they would want to do that for safety shit purposses. im calling my mechanic to come to my house and look at it. only problem is he only speaks spanish. i know spanish but not realy good so i guess i have to get my friends dad over here too. well i have about 7 choices of body shops. 1 is the place the guys from the speed shop told me Top Gun, 2 is the import center, 3 place by my moms work PPG or something, 4 is buick/saturn(does fuckin awsome collision repair), 5 this place close to my house dan's, 6 this place that i know of that most of them dont speak english but do honest work, and 7 macco which is a maybe for the price. now i guess most of my selections yall dont know about. but those are in order from best to not the best. #6 is actually quite a good place but isnt like a pro shop, its just a small lil garage which doesnt mean anything until i have seen a new paint job on my car. so im not sure either. ill have to just ax around i guess.

Tim Yoak
01-18-2003, 08:29 AM
thats a good idea i had worried about. infact they always have the fuel tanks off on cars that have been cut apart at the junk yard. so i guess they would want to do that for safety shit purposses. im calling my mechanic to come to my house and look at it. only problem is he only speaks spanish. i know spanish but not realy good so i guess i have to get my friends dad over here too. well i have about 7 choices of body shops. 1 is the place the guys from the speed shop told me Top Gun, 2 is the import center, 3 place by my moms work PPG or something, 4 is buick/saturn(does fuckin awsome collision repair), 5 this place close to my house dan's, 6 this place that i know of that most of them dont speak english but do honest work, and 7 macco which is a maybe for the price. now i guess most of my selections yall dont know about. but those are in order from best to not the best. #6 is actually quite a good place but isnt like a pro shop, its just a small lil garage which doesnt mean anything until i have seen a new paint job on my car. so im not sure either. ill have to just ax around i guess. UH OH Better skip maco, go with the honest shop, ask to see some pictures of previos work they've done. usually they are trying to make a living and they want you to come back.

HondaBoy
01-25-2003, 02:29 PM
well i went to look where this Dan's body shop was. well i never realy looked at the name or anything. i thought it was always just a engine shop. but its the place that is exactly next to the junk yard. they are about 25 feet apart!!! and i never bothered to see what that place was. neway they do frame work, all body work, paint, etc. and they are like top rated by BBB. so i think i will probley go to them. oh and also they do suspension work if thats needed. or i can fix the suspension myself if i get all the parts.

Tim Yoak
01-25-2003, 03:17 PM
well i went to look where this Dan's body shop was. well i never realy looked at the name or anything. i thought it was always just a engine shop. but its the place that is exactly next to the junk yard. they are about 25 feet apart!!! and i never bothered to see what that place was. neway they do frame work, all body work, paint, etc. and they are like top rated by BBB. so i think i will probley go to them. oh and also they do suspension work if thats needed. or i can fix the suspension myself if i get all the parts. Yea a lot of those small shops usually do a good job