PDA

View Full Version : boost

Experimental_Honda
01-12-2003, 08:03 AM
ok so i want to put some boost on my car, with a lower shot like 10-30 because i hear the stock carb can take it. i know that i have to shoot wet, so that means i have to use like nos cuz they are the only company that has that small of a shot in wet. but where do i get the adapter plate that mounts under the carb where the boost is injected?? and what NOS system do i need?? i know that zex makes wet but they are only for cvics and they are like 45 shots.

myaccord7
01-12-2003, 12:32 PM
i want to know the same. i want to run nitrous on my carb.. i think iam going to get a weber and put nitrous on it. I HAVE THE SAME QUESTION?

zach

Elijah
01-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Pretty much any kit will work with the adaptor for carb but when you spray its not called boost you may confuse some people.Boost is when you turbo and if ur going to spend so much money on a kit what is the point of a 10 shot i never even heard of a 10 shot.If I where you I would save a little more and get some webber carbs.But it is all up to you ur money ur car.

shepherd79
01-12-2003, 07:49 PM
it is a lot harder to get wet system for carb for our engine.
i am sure it will be a lot of custom job.

Experimental_Honda
01-12-2003, 08:22 PM
well damn, fuck it i will save up the 500 its gonna cost to put it in my 95 lx.....i know its called boost when your turbo goes off.....but its i have also heard it called nitro called boost as well. and no2 makes 10 shots the are just tiny little bottles.

Neuspeed87lx
01-12-2003, 08:26 PM
turbo goes off ?

87AccordsterLx
01-12-2003, 08:34 PM
you're confused man... boost is only related to Turbos, and they dont "go off" they spool up creating pressure in your intake tubing. Thus forcing air and compressing it into the engine...

http://www.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm

Experimental_Honda
01-13-2003, 08:39 PM
i know how they work i have been to that site..........any ways......its a form of forced induciton a turbo has like a turbine that winds up and forces and compresses air in to you intake manifold, right?? so about this webber carb whats the top speed you all are hitting with one?? i still have not heard how much one helps your car?! every one just says get one. i wanna know how fast you can get your car up to with one, how fast you can run a 1/4 mile with it, how much added hp and tq you get with one, and how fast you can get to a 100 with one??

bobafett
01-13-2003, 10:32 PM
ok and hte size of the nitrous bottle should have nothing to do with the size of the shot!

maybe youre thinking of when a BOV "goes off"???

i think you need more research before you get n20! :):D

87AccordsterLx
01-13-2003, 11:20 PM
you just quoted it off the site man... its ok if you didnt know the difference... you want to add n2o your car... no one makes a kit to add it to a carb so you will have to go custom... good luck wil that one!!! I really doubt that you could custom fab that mount but good luck trying... I think this was a little more then you expected. Why dont you get a cam regrind if you want "all time power" screw n2o....

Experimental_Honda
01-14-2003, 07:41 AM
yeah im just trying to do anything to make my 88 faster! beacuse i cant really take my 95 lx out on the street yet its in the middle of a rebuild and its looking like its gonna take a lot longer than i thought and since i already have the motor on the cherry picker i was thinking i may as well throw some parts on it and get some other internal mods done to it. how much will a regrind help?? does it like give you a bigger power band?? or what?

87AccordsterLx
01-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Depending on the grind being its a wild, medium, or mild grind. If you get a Tri-Flow mild grind you are looking at around 10-11% gain on your stock HP rating. The powerband is extended through out the higher rpm range. Headers will greatly help the performance gain... A mild TF grind with header could give you a good 15-17hp. If you have a custom exhaust and intake you are looking at a 25hp gain or around there....

Experimental_Honda
01-15-2003, 08:29 PM
who does regrinds?? how much is it gonna cost? and how long will i be with out my cam seeign as how i kinda need it to drive!! haha