PDA

View Full Version : UK spec 1988 Accord 4 door for sale to USA

Across the Pond
09-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Well here is something interesting.

3.5 million Accords were made in the USA from 1986-1989 but not like this one. This is a UK spec car, made in Japan for the UK/Ireland market. It is a wee bit different from what you are use to as it has fixed headlamps and, of course the steering is on the RIGHT, which is the proper side of the car for use on the Queen's Highway.

It was new in 1988 to a titled gentleman in central London where it was serviced and maintained without fail by the selling dealer. Sadly, it had a hard time on the bodywork with damage to the bumpers and dings in every panel. In 2002, I bought it on ebay uk and drove it to Scotland where it was fully restored and re-sprayed into Honda's Forest Green, which was an '88 Accord European colour. The car was originally grey. In my ownership it has had a gentle life, rarely used in winter and kept in as near "mint" condition as possible. It drives well, looks immaculate and has always been totally reliable. It has never been used as a commuter car.

In the glovebox of the car is a copy of the (London) Times newspaper dated 8th February 1989!!

The car is garaged in Scotland. It is currently road legal but will be laid-up shortly again for the coming winter. The car has “SCO" (Scotland) registration plates which will come with the car. Only 85,000 miles; Honda Accord EX 2 litre automatic.

Sadly, relatively few of these Accords were sold in the UK and this is one of only a handful left, It does not have a big following in the UK, so I am offering it to the North American market where someone may appreciate it for being a Honda Accord, which is different.

The car is 27 years old so I believe it is exempt from certain US import and use regulations, however it is the buyer's responsibility to check this.

Shipping is really not a problem. I will trailer it to Liverpool docks where it will go onto a ro-ro ship to New York. Sailings are weekly. The price of shipping and insurance etc is quoted to be about UK£1000. The buyer will have to pay this amount separately and is additional to the purchase price.

So if you are interested, get in touch with me. [email protected]
See newbie thread "Rarities from Scotland" for pics.

Further details and photos are available.

MessyHonda
10-03-2015, 03:26 PM
I wish I could get a B20 cluster from the UK accord.

Across the Pond
10-05-2015, 07:52 AM
I'll sell them to you - complete with a car!