PDA

View Full Version : wheel alignment

cruznz
01-12-2003, 02:05 PM
anyone ever experimented with their wheel alignment?....specificly camber....i think factory setting for camber is 0 degrees with a range of 1 degree neg --1 degree pos....who's tried it with abit of negative camber?.....:smokin:

Pete

AZmike
01-13-2003, 08:46 AM
You should get slightly better grip while cornering since the contact patch will be more parallel to the ground. The only drawback is the possibility of uneven tire wear. If you have smaller wheels/larger sidewalls you should still be ok for wear, but you're also less likely to notice a difference in grip. I set mine very close to zero (-.1 or so) since I do mostly highway driving.

I did drive it for a couple months on my old tires with close to -1 degree on both sides. Since my toe and caster were off some I can't be sure that the camber change was what made any differences I noticed.

cruznz
01-13-2003, 12:11 PM
most of my driving is on country roads, plenty of corners and at speed....(my car just luvs sitting on 140kph)....so i'm gonna try a little bit of negative camber to see if theres much difference in handling and tire wear........

Pete.....:smokin:

AZmike
01-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Let us know how it turns out. Do you still run the factory 14" wheels?

cruznz
01-15-2003, 05:03 AM
yeh,..got 14" enkeis' on