PDA

View Full Version : what should I do about leather seats?

Tim Yoak
01-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Ok I just won the auction on those leather seats for my accord, the problem is that I've got a blue interior and the seats are a light cream,tan color. I can't decide to have the seats dyed or do some changing on the interior. I just saw a picture of an acura nsx(quit drooling,I want one too) and the interior was blue and cream,tan like my seats. I thought it looked really good. I was thinking about leaving the seats like they were and changing the lower half of the door panels and tje carpet to match the seats. It doesn't sound good, but it looks good. what do ya'll think?

njpeter
01-12-2003, 06:51 PM
I don't give a rat's butt about the color..but I would have them dyed to match the existing interior, or just start looking for a nice parts car with the color of your choice. I was never keen on the blue, I've got three gray on gray and one white on burgandy accords..I know those gray Se-i seats are out there..somewhere..

Tim Yoak
01-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by njpeter
I don't give a rat's butt about the color..but I would have them dyed to match the existing interior, or just start looking for a nice parts car with the color of your choice. I was never keen on the blue, I've got three gray on gray and one white on burgandy accords..I know those gray Se-i seats are out there..somewhere.. well i was going to do the bottom half of the door panels in the same color as the seats and when I get my new carpet also in the same color, still deciding, it looked good in the nsx. The interior on the nsx is very close,except for the center console. It had the blue dash and the top half of the door panels were blue.

RobT5580
01-13-2003, 08:34 AM
I would just lay the cover on the seat and see how it looks like that. I dont know how the dying process works but if they dont get it the right shade of blue its gonna look worse.

Tim Yoak
01-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by RobT5580
I would just lay the cover on the seat and see how it looks like that. I dont know how the dying process works but if they dont get it the right shade of blue its gonna look worse. If I have them done it will be done by a company who knows what they are doing. I've seen leather dyed to every color of the rainbow.

RobT5580
01-13-2003, 05:50 PM
I like the tan but i dont know on the Blue. Tough call i would have to see it. Too bad you didnt have the tan already because i like it the best besided the grey.

Y3G
01-13-2003, 06:11 PM
change it all to tan leather and tweed
TAN LEATHER IS PIMP :pimp:

Tim Yoak
01-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Y3G
change it all to tan leather and tweed
TAN LEATHER IS PIMP :pimp: Well I saw that nsx with the blue and tan and it looks good, thats a 90000 car and you know they don't make crap.

Y3G
01-13-2003, 06:16 PM
leave the seats tan but incorperate blue trim pieces thew out the rest of the interior

Tim Yoak
01-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Y3G
leave the seats tan but incorperate blue trim pieces thew out the rest of the interior Thats what I'm going to do. I'm changing the lower half of the door panels to match the seats, the headliner is already tan material, and I'm changing the carpet to tan. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p11f36fc5d02c77f9979435c170e5588d/fce67c7a.jpg ....................... here is the door panel, I've already done these once, i'm going to divide the lower blue into two styles of the same tan material. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p05d21e062dfc13cbe2f74fc4230abcd0/fce67b41.jpg ...........this is the headliner color and this is the dash color http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p532c23e554f6eef991ad37cca04b740c/fce67b40.jpg