PDA

View Full Version : CRACK goes the spring!!!

netfreak
01-12-2003, 04:01 PM
So I'm driving down a hill today near where I live on my way to mcdonalds (:D yum) when I hear a loud noise from my back wheel. I'm thinking "OH SH*T" so I pull off the road and see my back tire like / instead of |. Good thing i had my cell phone. I'm guessing it was either the spring or the strut... both are stock and probably rusted out. Hoping to get it towed today and fixed tomorrow so I don't miss any work.

and a 3g with tinted windows drove by me... was that anyone here? (On chute lake road)

EDIT: was the back left tire for clarification

Mike's89AccordLX
01-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Could be a ball joint that is bad.

Dutchboy
01-12-2003, 04:14 PM
wasnt me.....i was playing around at pick a part today!

Im thinking if its the whole wheel is bent in then its not the strut or coil...but something else like a balljoint or broken bolt for a bushing mabye..

theres tons of parts at pick a part if you need them..
i got some motor mounts and a almost brand new flex pipe for the exhaust.

Havent seen you on here for a while now....good to see your still here!

Ben

netfreak
01-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Damn well I'm taking it to a mechanic to be fixed and I'll just owe the money to my parents for it..

Yeah I'm still around. My PC is disassembled right now so my only time on here is my family computer. When I garage my accord for the engine swap I'll be posting a lot more.

2old_honda
01-12-2003, 05:33 PM
its the upper ball joint. the same thing happened to me. I had both sides replaced for $60. you should have both sides replaced because it is only a matter of time before the other one goes. dont drive the car until you get them replaced. when the upper ball joint goes the top of the tire rests on the strut/spring assembly. it you drove the car after the joint broke you will probably need a new tire due to the tire rubing on the strut/spring.

netfreak
01-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Tire should be fine.. It broke while I was driving down a hill and I pulled over within 10 seconds of it happening. I also managed to have the car towed to a local mechanic so it'll be fixed tomorrow.

The car will be driven for another month or so before I can afford to pick up a 2nd car.