PDA

View Full Version : Surging...

(x_x)
01-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Winter is such a pain in the ass.

So here's the deal.. i have an '86 ex, with some ghetto command (remote) starter that's ages old. I usually use the remote to start her up in the morn and let it run for a little while. It's got a 5 minute timer, and cuts out if left running that long.

The problem is that the engine starts to surge terribly (regardless if started with key or remote). My engine's always run extremely high in the winter (around 2k idling). The thing i've noticed is that if i get into the car and turn on my rear defrost, or turn on my lights, or turn on this neon trim stuff i have, the surging seems to stop.

Is this an electrical problem, seeing as everytime i turn on something that uses more power, the surging dies..? I'm stuck for ideas, and shot for cash, so a tune-up/inspection is out of the question for now..

Any ideas?

:rant:

Mike's89AccordLX
01-12-2003, 04:05 PM
So the surging is with the electric or with the engine running poorly? I guess I don't understand your post very well.

(x_x)
01-12-2003, 06:30 PM
^^^ I guess that's what i'm asking.

Is it possible that an electrical problem/failure would cause the engine to start surging?

Or is it solely and engine problem?

It's hard to explain and describe.. Help if ya can

:(

A20A1
01-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Is your car carbureted, cause i'm not sure what the ex is?

(x_x)
01-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Fuel injected...