PDA

View Full Version : molding clips

LIL'LXi
01-12-2003, 04:14 PM
one ofmy door moldings is just flapping around 'cause I got no clips. every time I try to get some off a car at the junkyard I end up breaking them. what is the best way to get them off? can you buy new ones ?

Mike's89AccordLX
01-12-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm sure you can buy new ones but, I bet they're more than your willing to pay. I got one off a rusty lxi (broke right off)

87Hybrid
01-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Remove the door panel and squeeze them from the inside of the door to push in the retaining tabs and push them out.

socal3rdgen
01-12-2003, 08:32 PM
you can buy the clips form a honda dealrer. however they are $2 a piece.

smufguy
01-12-2003, 08:45 PM
use some slicone sealer (glue) and use it to stick it. Dont worry about clip and stuff.

Vanilla Sky
01-12-2003, 11:12 PM
nevermind... i figured i may need them in the future...

socal3rdgen
01-13-2003, 12:12 AM
hey can i buy them. im repainting my car and i tore off all my old trim. so id rather just rip off some trim and the junk yard and get more clips rather then fucking around with the inside of the car to pinch the junkyuard clips

Vanilla Sky
01-13-2003, 04:51 AM
well, since you're repainting, just go ahead and shave the shit... learn to do it yourself, man... i'll have to count them... i may still need them due to the lack of a welder and supplies... i need to remember i ain't got the junkyard in my pocket for trivial things like that...

so nevermind that i have them for sale... dumbassed me needs to think a bit

Vanilla Sky
01-13-2003, 04:53 AM
oh, by the way... they make a tool to pull those clips... they cost less than $10... i just got lucky with mine, ripped em all off

smufguy
01-13-2003, 07:35 AM
IF it was my car, i wont bother with getting clips for 10 bucks, when i can use something like a sealent or glue that would cost me like 2 bucks the max and fix up the whole thing. and that is, if it was me and with my car.

89AccordNate
01-13-2003, 07:45 AM
You cant reach inside the door and squeeze them out. There is metal in the way.

You can buy them at the honda dealership, or on hondautomotiveparts.com, they are pretty expensive. About ?$2.50 each if I remember correctly. Remember that the small peices of moldings (atleast on the fenders) have larger clips then the larger peices on the doors.

Nate.

buster133
01-14-2003, 08:35 AM
I took a bunch of clips off a few accords from the junkyard. It was easy to do when there are a few accords at the yard. Work from the front to back. First remove the trim piece on the fender. Next remove the little nut holding the trim to the outside edge of the doors. Then you shut the door and lightly tap and wiggle the trim around the spot you just loosened on the trim and slide the entire trim foward and it should slide right off and most of the clips will either be still on the molding, on the ground, or still in the door. Hit up a few cars and you should end up getting all the clips that you need.