PDA

View Full Version : side marker lamps

Neuspeed007
01-12-2003, 05:08 PM
:confused: im not much of an electrical person, but i just got some side marker lamps to put on my fenders. Id like to get it finished soon, i need to drill the holes,, but what i need to know is....."how do i connect them to my parking lamps, so when i just turn on the parking lamps, they will be on." and will they blink when i turn on my signals? id like that alot.
any buddy got info????
much thx-:super:

maka_RTH
01-12-2003, 06:15 PM
wire them to your existing side marker light, i think...

88WhiteLX-i
01-12-2003, 07:09 PM
Yeah just wire them to your corner lights, so every time you turn on your lights it'll turn those ones on. Just splice the wire, and run that one to side markers.

Neuspeed007
01-12-2003, 07:55 PM
i know i know, but the thing is...is that my front lamps are broken from a fender bender along time ago. they dont turn on, cause one is missing, and the other is just not working, i need to replace the bulb. But the back parking lighs work fine. Will they still work if i wired them to the fornt ones? and would they blink when i turn on the signals??
thx--

Nospeed
01-12-2003, 08:12 PM
i tried to wire the sidemarker lamps just as you are trying to do neuspeed. unfortunately, i didnt get them to work for me.

my sidemarkers came with 3 wires. red-parking lamp +, yellow- blinker +, and black- ground. i wired them just as the wires are suppose to be wired, but they still didnt work.

what i ended up doing, is just wireing up the yellow (blinker +) and the ground, then just hooking up the red (parking lamp +) to the battery. they dont work as the parking lamp/blinker...but they do just blink.

i dont know if this helps, but just wanted to let you know that you arent the only one! :D

socal3rdgen
01-12-2003, 08:25 PM
your back blinker is a higher voltage then you side markers so that wont work. i dont know what to tell ya if neither your side running lamp or your sideblinker work then your SOL. and NOSPEED just wire your ground to the frame then connect the postive and negative wires to the existing sidebliker. if it doesnt work the first time switch the positive and negative wires around. cuz im not sure which wires on the existing blinkers are hot and which one is negative. try that.

Neuspeed007
01-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Just thought i would post this pic, see how my lamp is missing? what am i going to have to do in order to wire them to the side marker lamps i got? am i going to have to go to the junk yard and grab some new ones??
http://images.cardomain.com/installs/271000-271999/271188_2_full.jpg

Neuspeed007
01-12-2003, 08:42 PM
so social? i cant wire them to the turn signals??? or was that just NOSPEED's set up? cause i onbly have to wires, a red one and a black one wich is ground. ?? thx bro

Nospeed
01-12-2003, 08:46 PM
socal, i tried that, in fact, i tried every possible wire combo with the marker light, and the blinkers. so, i dont know if it was me, or just the sidemarkers.

anyway, i knew what the hot was at the time, cause i looked it up in the manual (haynes) and i had a meter. i tried them with the ground at the frame, and at the blinker/marker light. nothing worked. what i finally did was just wire up the blinker + to the sidemarker yellow (+), the ground to frame, and the marker light red (+) to the battery. it worked.

so, its probably just my sidemarkers, or it might work with the back lights. im not tearing them apart again just for that. lol. i like my ricey look. :lol

Nospeed
01-12-2003, 08:48 PM
oh, neuspeed, i dunno if you are going to be able to do the marker light/blinker combo if you only have 2 wires. you might if you followed the how-to in the how-to section, cause i didnt. oh, and i have the same problem with my marker lights, one is missing. i just wired my sidemarkers up to my front blinkers and they work.

edit>>> if my computer would work, i would post a pic of my setup...there is a pic in the willsonville meet section in the accord pics forum. mine is the blue one with the 2 front steelies. you can see my marker light is missing, and i have the sidemarkers there.

Neuspeed007
01-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Nospeed
i just wired my sidemarkers up to my front blinkers and they work.

So are they just lighting up when you turn on the blinkers? or do they turn on when the lights are on? ill check out the pic

rbeaud
01-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed007
:confused: im not much of an electrical person, but i just got some side marker lamps to put on my fenders. Id like to get it finished soon, i need to drill the holes,, but what i need to know is....."how do i connect them to my parking lamps, so when i just turn on the parking lamps, they will be on." and will they blink when i turn on my signals? id like that alot.
any buddy got info????
much thx-:super:

Check out this link:

http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/markerflash/markerflash.html

It's a quick overview about what connections need to be made for this to work. Shouldn't take more than a few inches of connector wire and some instant splicers to make it work.

Cheers,

Roland

Neuspeed007
01-12-2003, 10:48 PM
thx roland! u just made my night bro-

Neuspeed007
01-12-2003, 10:54 PM
thx i just read that, ill take some time tomrrow to work on it. ill let u guys know how well i got it done.

socal3rdgen
01-13-2003, 12:07 AM
So are they just lighting up when you turn on the blinkers? or do they turn on when the lights are on? ill check out the pic

both mine turn on when my lights are on. and when my side blinkers blink so does my side markers. at the same time.

socal3rdgen
01-13-2003, 12:09 AM
so social? i cant wire them to the turn signals??? or was that just NOSPEED's set up? cause i onbly have to wires, a red one and a black one wich is ground. ?? thx bro

dont know which one is ground i just tried it either way. it worked for me. you still have your stock blinker harness that you can splice right?

Nospeed
01-13-2003, 01:19 PM
ok...well here is a pic...

http://home.attbi.com/~amw81/meet02.jpg

as you can see, i have no marker light either Neuspeed. i couldnt figure out how to wire the sidemarkers so that they would be on with the lights and also blink, so i just wired them to my blinkers, and now they dont come on with my lights, but they do blink with my blinkers.