PDA

View Full Version : PG question

uneek
01-12-2003, 05:36 PM
I was looking at the PG amps and whats the diffrence in the QX SERIES and the QX (Mono) because what i notice is that the mono SERIES was alot better or is it not? which 1 is better is my question because im looking to buy me 2 amps from PG to make my system 'bump'.

dXsquared
01-12-2003, 05:49 PM
the mono has 1 channel... its a SUB only amp...

i thinks its also 1 ohm stable

Travis

Bobs89LXi
01-12-2003, 05:52 PM
There is no difference in the QX series amps, except the power output of each. The higher the number the higher the output level. All QX series amps can be configured to run both stereo and bridged (mono). Being a former tech for PG, I would suggest that if you are thinking of purchasing a PG amp, the XS or Titanium Series amps would be a better choice. The QX is PG's low end amp. They are built in Korea, whereas the XS and Titanium amps are built here.

uneek
01-12-2003, 06:13 PM
where can i find the XS and Titanium at because i was looking at justamps.com and didn't see nothing but the QX series.

87AccordsterLx
01-12-2003, 06:44 PM
ebay?

Bobs89LXi
01-12-2003, 09:16 PM
PG sells the XS and Titanium series through dealers only. You'll have to go to a car stereo store that carries PG products. You can find the location of the nearest dealer through PG's website.
http://www.phoenixgold.com/dealers.asp You can also get the specs on each amp at the site as well. By the way, the XS Series has been replaced by the Tantrum Series. I need to keep in more close contact with my old buds at PG. :D