PDA

View Full Version : WHAT SHOULD i DO ????????

Hondarul
01-13-2003, 10:03 AM
:wtf:
My radiator is down.
Can I change it ???
What should the new one have ?
Not every radiator works on my custom Aerodeck '86.
Thanks men !!!

:super: :super: :super:

OldSchoolSwap
01-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Its down? Down how?

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
01-13-2003, 12:26 PM
Changing the radiator is pretty easy. The most difficult part of replacing a radiator on our cars is dealing with those blasted hose clips. There have been past post about some members removing the radiator with all the fans attached, however I have not been able to do this and have thus removed the fans.

Perhaps, you'll have better luck. You'll need about an hour and a half. Best of luck with the repairs.

Claude

P.S. Replace the upper and lower radiator hoses while you're at it.

AccordEpicenter
01-13-2003, 09:17 PM
in my lxi i can do a radiator and about 30 min. I take my fans off when it is outside the car, but when pulling them up you must be careful of the ac condenser and also the electrical connections, they need to be unsnapped well before it will actually come out of the car. You can keep the hoses if the look ok and are not breaking apart, but i highly reccomend changing the hose clamps. If you have an auto remember the tranny cooling lines are also hooked up to the radiator and MUST be reconnected.

3G Jester
01-13-2003, 10:16 PM
romania! sweet!!

yeah...just get a new onme...go to a junk yard or breaker yard ( i htink thats the european name for em) find a good used one..or order on offline. id personaly go for the new.

if u dont have a manual go to paulaerodeck's website and DL the manual there....its what i did!

3G Jester
01-13-2003, 10:17 PM
oh! and DRAIN the radiator before u pull it out...if it isnt already completely empty

Hondarul
01-14-2003, 07:39 AM
Thanks to everyone.
I just changed the radiator with another one, from some car (I don't even know the brand...) and the cooling works OK. Removing the air from the system was more difficult but I finished it. It has the same temperature as the old one.
Good driving to you all !!!!!!!

Hondarul

ACCORD EX
01-14-2003, 07:48 AM
what do you mean by custom aerodeck ? anyway did you e-mail me before ( honda club egypt ) ?>

MIKE